As part of a worldwide, best in class Engineering organization we are seeking an innovative enterprise UC/Collaboration and Real-time media application developer to help design and prototype the next generation suite of Enterprise Communications technologies. You must have a vision for a system with innovative killer user experience, groundbreaking features, and un-paralleled security, manageability, scalability, and reliability.
We are looking for a hands-on creative out-of-the-box thinker who will work closely with the team to generate new and innovative ideas. Some of the job qualifications are outlined below:
- Participate in functional and architecture strategy definition and contribute to innovating the next generation of Enterprise UC and Collaboration.
- Investigate technology proof-points and rapidly develop prototype Unified Communication System software
- Assess tools, emerging technologies and open source solutions, and leverage these for building end to end prototypes as necessary
- Extensive knowledge of UC & Internet technologies, open-source software, killer user experience.
- Be a resource and hands-on Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following: Real-time video conferencing, Real-time Web Technologies, Web2.0, SIP, XMPP, Distributed Systems Technology, etc.
- Develop and present demos for executives and early customers.
- Work in a global environment including periodic after hours to accommodate time zone differences.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college.
- 5+ years of working experience in S/W development of communications & collaboration systems
- Proficient in rapid design and delivery of complex demo-able prototypes and capable of turning those prototypes into production level software
- Experience with programming in Java and C/C++
- Hands-on Experience designing, building, and configuring IP telephony networks and systems and/or Video conferencing systems
- Should be able to work on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated estimation and planning for engineering / administration efforts
- Worked within global delivery model and collaborated with engineering teams worldwide.
- Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of system performance issues and trade-offs
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills
Desired Technical Skills and Experience:
- Unified Communications Applications & Sy stems
- SIP, VoIP, IP telephony,
- Real-time media processing including Audio & Video conferencing – experience implementing on Linux x86 desirable
- Presence & Instant Messaging (SIP or XMPP)
- Distributed Systems and in particular NoSQL storage technology
- Networking Protocols and Standards
- Enterprise Networking analysis, planning, and implementation
- Rich Web applications, and in particular Web2.0 and WebRTC technology
- Mobile Systems, Devices and Applications a plus
- Video, Audio (speech analysis) and data mining
- Content and Context Analysis
Huawei - 15 months ago
Huawei Investment Holding knows the importance of good connections. One of China's leading manufacturers of telecommunications...