Razorfish is one of the largest interactive agencies in the world and currently has more than 2,000 employees in 20 offices in seven countries (Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) focusing exclusively on digital marketing and technology. Each office is filled with opportunities for people who want to invent the digital future. It's a big challenge, but it's a big Internet, and there's work to be done.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Senior Developer to join our rapidly growing Technology team.
The Senior Developer position is responsible for designing and writing code to support the web applications that we are delivering for our clients. Developers at Razorfish work within a variety of technologies commonly found at Fortune 1000 clients including J2EE, .NET, Content Management Systems, Portal Technologies, eCommerce platforms, Rich Internet Applications, Web services / Service Oriented Architectures, Data Warehousing / Business Intelligence, Security / Single Sign-on and Web 2.0 Technologies. Razorfish brings together technology, user experience, and business to deliver these solutions for our clients.
- Understand and map user and business driven requirements to the technologies needed to support them
- Write and unit test code, working closely with information architects and business analyst ensuring that the technology will implement required functionality and meet performance targets
- Own the development of entire subsystems, ensuring that the components follow the overall technical architecture and design provided by the technology lead
At Razorfish, the Internet is not a hobby. Technology is not something we dabble in. And digital design is not a sideline while we create print ads or television commercials. We were born digital, passionate about blending art and science, about defying the edge of what is possible. We got to be #1 because we believed -- and still do -- in the power of the Web to transform lives, and brands.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related degree
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing web applications using various technologies and languages such as Java/ J2EE, .NET, Web Services, and/or XML
- Experienced in object oriented analysis and design
- Effective communications skills including technical writing and presentation
- Efficiently working in a team based environment and assisting junior resources
- Experience using web application development tools, such as version control software and IDEs, as well as knowledge of Operating systems, such as Sun Solaris and/or Microsoft Windows
- Experience with enterprise application servers such as IBM WebSphere, BEA Weblogic and/or ATG is a plus
- Experience with eCommerce products and portal products
- Experience with Content Management Systems, such as Interwoven’s TeamSite or Documentum is a plus
- Experience with open source technologies and frameworks such as Struts, Spring, and Hibernate
- Experience integrating Rich Internet Application technologies such as AJAX, Flash, Flex with backend components is a plus
- Understanding of the overall systems aspects of deploying web sites and web applications, such as clustering, load balancing, caching strategies (both in application design and through content delivery networks such as Akamai), networking considerations, and security concerns
- Experience with the quality assurance processes required for quality deliverables, including writing unit tests, participating in code reviews, and supporting load testing
- Experience integrating with external products from third-party vendors
This is a contract opportunity.
Razorfish - 12 months ago
Razorfish, Inc. is a digital strategy and services provider that helps organizations leverage technology to improve productivity, increase r...