Title: Senior Development Chemist
Location: Winston Salem, NC
How to Apply: Submit resume to Sherri Buckner, CSM at
Develops and validates new analytical methods.
Performs standard chemical and physical analysis of inner and outer nutritional products in the Quality Control laboratory using wet chemistry techniques and instrumentation.
Provides technical support to other corporate groups including Research and Development and Global Licensing. Training junior chemists for test methods and cGMP compliance.
- Evaluate, develop and validate new methods and procedures
- Performs qualitative and quantitative chemical and physical analyses of raw materials and finished products.
- Prepares standards and reagents; calibrates and operates sophisticated laboratory instrumentation such as HPLC, FTIR, ICP, UV-Vis spectrophotometer.
- Interprets test results and compares with determined standards and limits.
Interprets and compares data to historical records and verifies trending.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
- Ability to document data in lab notebooks and follow basic cGMP guidelines.
- Assist in the training of laboratory chemists and technicians as needed.
- Review product certificates of analysis for accuracy and conformance and maintain files.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
Strong customer and results orientation.
Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity.
Ability to function as an effective team player.
Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
7 years of analytical experience in a quality control laboratory or pharmaceutical industry.
Minimum 1 year experience working in a cGMP environment.
Experience in various wet chemical analyses and instrumentation utilizing FTIR, HPLC, ICP and/or UV-Vis spectrophotometer.
Method validation protocol and report generation and review.
Minimum Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Biochemistry or related scientific field.
Master or PhD of Science in Chemistry or Biochemistry or related scientific field.
Management Recruiters of Person County
MRINetwork - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard