Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M's Global Forensic and Dispute Services (GFD) practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
The Disputes and Investigations service line of Alvarez & Marsal’s Global Forensic and Dispute Services practice is seeking a Senior Director or Director for its team in New York.
- Develop and implement solutions to complex problems
- Scope out projects, develop work plans, set strategy and budgets and deliver results. Manage multiple streams of work
- Build client relationships, assist with new business development, including add-on business
- Research and synthesize information and develop reports and written and oral communications skills
- Perform/oversee complex accounting or other research required projects for clients across a diverse range of industries
- Supervise, develop and motivate staff by providing them with leadership, mentorship, performance feedback and career guidance
Bachelor's degree in accounting (preferred), finance or other business related field
CPA (with current license) with a combination of forensic accounting, investigation and litigation experience
Other credentials such as CFA; valuation; or forensic/fraud accounting credentials desired
Experience of increasing responsibility in delivering professional services at a similar level (at least 7 to 10 years for Director and at least 10 to 13 years for Sr. Director); 4+ years of Big 4/public accounting experience a plus
Proficient in using data analysis tools (i.e. MS Excel, MS Access, etc.). Advanced excel skills required.
Strong communication, leadership and problem-solving skills are essential
Alvarez & Marsal - 19 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...