About the Job Opower is seeking a VP of Finance to join its management team. This is a newly created role reporting directly to the CFO. The VP of Finance will be a critical member of the team and s/he is a key participant in the growth strategy of the company. This position will play an important role in making sure that the collective strategies and tactics of the various functions are in alignment to meet the stated business objectives. Key responsibilities include FP&A, Investor Relations and Corporate Development.
In addition, the successful candidate will ensure that the financial infrastructure is established to support and position the company for rapid growth in all dimensions. S/he will assist the executive team in managing the projected workforce growth, systems and technology infrastructure required to meet its corporate goals and objectives. The VP of Finance will share accountability with the senior leadership team for achieving market share goals and profitability for the business.
- Annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting and long term financial planning.
- Analyze operational areas to deliver insights that guides decision making
- Advise on cash flow and policy matters.
- Assess organizational performance against both the budget and short and long term strategic plans.
- Provide CFO with the data and information that assists in making key decisions and provide key indicators to monitor business performance and guide strategic decision.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking models that reflect impacts of business performance on a cash flow basis and provide insight and recommendations into business plans and operational processes.
- Facilitate investor relations with institutional investors and analysts that builds trust and long term holders.
- Lead corporate development efforts as required.
No third-party recruiting agency applicants accepted.
- At least 10 years of experience including 3+ years of management experience, ideally with in-house financial management experience gained in a high growth organization.
- MBA or Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business is highly desirable. CPA a plus.
- A strong background in financial operations including planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating a company's finance function.
- Candidate must be committed to the highest possible business ethics and have excellent working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC, and all IRS regulations.
- Entrepreneurial team player that can multi-task.
- Willing to roll-up his / her sleeves; not dependent upon an army of support staff.
- Experience in capital markets as well as technical and comprehensive knowledge of all corporate finance, treasury and planning areas of a business; preparing budgets, financial reporting, and investor relations.
- Excellent skills in financial modeling with the ability to quickly and accurately analyze financial data, new business scenarios within very tight timeframes and prepare and present financial reports, statements, plans to senior management.
- Skills and experience supervising near-term cash investments and management of funds for business which includes studies, analyses and reports on trends, opportunities for expansion, capital expenditures, procurement and return on investment analysis and projection of future company growth.
- Must embrace Opower’s culture: Mission-driven, smart, transparent and fun!
Opower - 17 months ago
Opower combines a cloud-based platform, big data, and behavioral science to help utilities around the world reduce energy consumption and...