The Senior Director- Compliance is responsible for managing the ethics and compliance program for Acorda, ensuring the Company exercises due diligence to operate with integrity and prevent and detect improper conduct. This individual ensures Acorda promotes an organizational culture that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with the law, resulting in a positive image to associates, customers, vendors and the community. Ensure a culture of integrity and sufficient internal controls are in place to promote compliance with high legal, regulatory and ethical standards and reduce enterprise risk.
Education and/or Experience: :
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Determines that Company policies and procedures are consistent with the Company's mission, values and Code of Ethics, as well as all applicable legal, regulatory and ethical standards.
- Manages Acorda's compliance program, ensuring that all necessary elements are in place, including appropriate policies and procedures, training, monitoring and enforcement.
- Assists with developing, maintaining and managing compliance training.
- Conducts training on compliance-related subjects and procedures.
- Investigates and works to resolve any situation where Company's ethics or compliance policies may be compromised, including offering recommendations to Human Resources and Senior Management on disciplinary action for associates who violate the Code of Ethics or other compliance standards.
- Coordinates the annual updating of the Code of Ethics with SVP, Human Resources and General Counsel.
- Updates and disseminates education and communication materials regarding the Company Hotline Policy.
- Ensures that a mechanism for communicating ethics and corporate compliance materials to vendors exists and is updated regularly with information pertaining to all vendor partnerships.
- Maintains all records and case files pertaining to the Company Hotline and helps conduct investigations in partnership with the General Counsel.
- Time allowing, handles legal matters based on candidate's experience.
- Juris Doctor required and admission to and in good standing with the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia required.
- A minimum of eight to ten years progressive legal experience, including three in a function with responsibility for compliance preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Solid understanding of general ethics and compliance practices, regulations, and laws applicable to commercial-stage biopharmaceutical companies.
Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: :
Other Skills and Abilities::
- Must be a self-motivated team player.
- Excellent project management and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills are required due to the nature of involvement and interaction with associates at all levels of the organization.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position travels occasionally; the average travel for this position is 5-10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives. Some overnight travel is for conferences, national sales meetings and audits as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Acorda Therapeutics - 21 months ago