Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
This position will lead members of the Technical Assistance Unit in the identification, development, and implementation of strategies and methodologies through our work in Systems Improvement by providing consulting expertise, creating and leveraging systems integration, and managing the operations of the Technical Assistance Unit. This position reports to the Managing Director of the Technical Assistance Unit and teams to deliver current and build new innovative methodologies that support System’s Improvement Strategic Consulting teams and public policy initiatives to realize Casey Family Program’s 2020 mission. This position is a member of the Senior Leadership Team for Systems Improvement and supervises Director-level staff who manage the staff responsible for executing work in the jurisdictions.
% of Time
· Oversees the delivery of effective analysis and technical assistance in Casey’s collaborations with jurisdictions:
· Accountable to SI Teams and to the Managing Director in providing relevant, effective analysis and technical assistance that results in achievement of short term and long term organizational objectives.
· Ensures all work in unit is aligned with and furthers the 2020 vision to ultimately reduce the number of children in foster care and reinvest in prevention and family support efforts.
· Manages staff delivery of effective methods, facilitation and consultation that meet the needs of the jurisdictions we are collaborating with. Uses knowledge and research about jurisdiction needs, policies, and concerns to determine best ways Casey can assist.
· Directs work priorities, changes focus as needed, and anticipates and adapts to achieve outcomes and respond to customer needs.
· In collaboration with the Managing Director, develops, leads, and refines evaluation and continuous quality improvement strategies to further develop TAU methodologies and other work of the unit.
· Effectively collaborates with other Casey work units, jurisdiction representatives, external partners, and constituents to implement and further develop the work of the unit.
· Supervises Director-level staff and unit staff as resources in the most effective way with a customer-focused priority. Under the guidance of the Managing Director, leads the unit’s leadership team to manage team communications, implement and refine the unit’s strategic direction, and further strategies to build the team’s capacity to support the work. Provides leadership opportunities for employees that enable growth and encourage leadership development within their positions.
· Functions as the operational manager of the work unit, overseeing and taking responsibility for deliverables that further Casey’s 2020 vision. This includes: developing and maintaining the work unit budget in collaboration with the Managing Director; reporting on monthly variances and spending projections; managing day-to-day fiscal, team supervision, and human resource issues; managing team communication in collaboration with the Managing Director; and planning team meetings and trainings.
· Delivers expertise to Casey and collaborators on a national basis regarding consulting and methodologies that support implementation of leading edge practice and technologies that impact child welfare.
· Ensures adherence to Casey policies in all matters of practice, contracts, communications, resources, personnel and reporting.
· Works on organizational projects and acts as a committee member, and performs other duties as assigned.
· Master’s degree in Human Services, Business, Public Administration or a related field is required with a minimum of ten years progressive management responsibilities with child welfare or comparable agencies.
· A balance of assertiveness and diplomacy is critical as well as the ability to lead and collaborate with a diverse team of professionals. Excellent organizational and management skills including outcome oriented planning, training, group facilitation, and supervision are necessary. Experience in planning and establishing a new unit within the organization is strongly preferred.
· Experience in supervision, program development, strategic planning, systems integration, operational achievement of goals and an in-depth understanding of complex multi-state child welfare systems required. Skills and attributes in collaboration, teaming, systems thinking, organizational development and a commitment to positive youth development and permanency to meet the organizational objective of 50% reduction of children and youth from the child welfare systems by 2020.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills are necessary, the successful candidate must be able to work effectively under pressure and in remain flexible throughout change to manage to the needs of jurisdiction partners, the organization and the staff.
· Demonstrated listening, evaluation and assessment skills. Strong management skills in overseeing a group of over 24 staff required. A commitment to building personal and organizational sensitivity towards diverse cultural, socio-economic and lifestyle backgrounds is essential.
· Demonstrated expertise in the following skill areas - relationship-building skills, analytical skills, communication skills, implementation skills, and continuous quality improvement skills.
· Experience in and solid working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Share Point etc.) required. Ability to learn other pertinent software programs as required.
· This is a regular full-time position that may require travel 40% or more of the time.
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function.
Casey Family Programs - 15 months ago