The Enterprise Resource Development Group (RDG) generates philanthropic support for Enterprise Community Partners’ affordable housing programs throughout the US. The new Senior Director will become the lead fundraiser in our New York City office located in the heart of the Financial District.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan to generate new funding commitments from corporate, individual and foundation donors in the New York metro region.
• Achieve assigned multi-million dollar revenue goal primarily by securing gifts in the 5 to 7 figure range for programmatic initiatives, the annual gala and general operating support in NY.
• Significantly increase the number of new-name donors becoming involved with the NY program.
• Work directly to pursue corporations and foundations, and oversee the development and operation of a best-in-class individual donor program for the NY office
• Manage NY development team (which currently consists of one development director and one events specialist)
• Strengthen relationships and create opportunities for longer-term funding streams with existing donors
• Create relationships with NY donors that have the capacity to evolve into national partnerships, and support national partnerships located elsewhere that may have the potential to fund NY activities as well.
• Support the New York management team in the cultivation and stewardship of certain existing donors
• Collaborate effectively across various Enterprise departments, encouraging peers in RDG to include NY in other proposals wherever appropriate to donors’ goals
• Maintain timely and accurate information in CRM (Salesforce) on all relationships and opportunities
• at least ten years of fundraising experience with a clear track record of progressive success in exceeding revenue plans
• solid new-name fundraising skills, (i.e., demonstrated ability to prospect independently and aggressively, and to effectively qualify opportunities, cultivate relationships with and secure financial support from new-name donors) and a record of achieving annual growth in new donor engagement
• experience in fundraising management (or clearly demonstrated potential to manage other fundraisers)
• a comfort level with strategic selling for large, complex funding opportunities conducted in parallel with acquisition of smaller donors and moving smaller gifts expeditiously through the development cycle
• the personal organizational and time management skills needed to succeed in a fast-paced environment
• the people skills needed to succeed in a matrix organization with multiple people engaged in the fundraising process
• excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
• a high level of familiarity with and experience networking among corporate, foundation and individual donors in the NY metro region.
• excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• the willingness to travel locally and regionally, 10% of which could be overnight.
• proficiency in basic Microsoft Office tools and user experience with customer relationship management software.
• minimum four-year college degree required. Advanced degree desirable.
• experience working in a matrix organization and some familiarity with the community development sector would be a plus.
Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. - 11 months ago