Provides management of Folding Carton manufacturing operations. Scope includes manufacturing personnel, shipping, maintenance, production scheduling, inventory control, quality systems and human resources. Primary purpose of the position is to manufacture products in support of sales. Continuous improvement through the use and application of these methods is an absolute. Position is responsible for the improvement of the organization’s manufacturing cost structure. Ensures that continuous process improvement is pursued throughout all areas of business and that all operations/projects are carried out in a timely, financially sound manner consistent with the goals of Huhtamaki Americas. Interfaces with internal and external functions of the Company to support and develop plans. Responsible for operating efficiency, productivity and quality of the ten (3) manufacturing facilities located nationwide. Responsible for the protection of the employees, company assets and the environment. Responsible for capital planning.
The role of this department is to identify growth efficiencies as well as opportunities to support the Company financial goals along with continuous improvement process and full implementation.
1. Communicates and implements corporate and division objectives, policies and procedures within the Folding Carton organizations.
2. Accountable for the development, implementation and communication of key strategies and objectives in the areas of material savings, labor productivity improvements, safety performance improvement, planning and scheduling, distribution and warehousing across all facilities and BUs.
3. Develops implements and maintains Quality Control and Assurance functions to meet the quality requirements.
4. Meet cost constraint targets and implement project management structures including CI.
5. Perform necessary general administration activities for major areas of responsibility, ie plans, schedules, objectives, budgets, reports.
6. Establishes Manufacturing Efficiency Indicators, consistent across locations. Works with team to improve by measurable degrees over time.
7. Provides leadership and direction to ensure customer satisfaction. Assists marketing and sales organization in development of selling strategies for manufacturing operations.
8. Serves as a check and balance in product pricing strategies and tactics, working closely with Sales and Marketing to establish strategic pricing guidelines that are consistent with profitable growth.
9. Manages capital expenditures per corporate guidelines for HNA.
10. Employee relations/Labor Relations – maintain union free status in applicable plants, build relationships with third parties in existing operations, engages total employee base =
; empowerment principles.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
•Experience managing multiple sites
•Direct experience in continuous improvement via the application of statistical methods
•Knowledge of ERP systems and S&OP processes
•Computer literate: MS Office, Power Point (Access, Publisher, advanced Excel)
•Self-starter; resourceful, highly organized
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
•BS or BA in engineering, business or production management
•Minimum 8 years of direct operations management
•15+ years of progressive manufacturing experience preferred
Huhtamaki, Inc. - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -