Senior Director of Sales - / Public Safety and Homeland Defense (2013-023)
Location: Washington DC (preferred) or San Mateo, CA
AtHoc, founded in 1999, is the pioneer and recognized market leader in next-generation emergency communications software for the security and safety market. Fundamental to our mission at AtHoc is the development of innovative products used for the critical endeavor of saving lives.
We are seeking dedicated, bright and highly motivated team players who want to make a difference and share in our accomplishments and passion. We provide a culture that encourages different perspectives and new ways of thinking toward a common, aligned goal and shared vision: to bring innovative solutions to market and advance the safety, security, and protection of people and property around the world.
Join a principled customer-focused team that is transforming an industry and has earned the trust of hundreds of customers and millions of users within the U.S. military, federal government, homeland security agencies, healthcare, fortune 500 companies and higher education institutions. At AtHoc, we recognize that the talent and drive of our people is a vital key to our continued success.
For more information on AtHoc, please visit
The AtHoc Civilian Team is seeking a driven Senior Director of Sales, who will own and lead our sales initiative in the Public Safety/Homeland Defense/Security market. Specifically working with all organizations that form our national level defense. Homeland Security is presently a 40 billion dollar market and AtHoc is working to establish a presence in this sector.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated successes and knowledge of this market, to address this segment with enterprise software solutions.
The primary sectors in addition to State and Local Government, include the Mass Transportation Security market, e.g. HLS-Related Cyber Security, Aviation Security, First Responder Market, etc., as well as the 27 States HLS & Public Safety Markets like Critical Infrastructure Security, Natural Disaster Rescue & Recover, Land Border Security, Homeland Defense, etc. Efforts include synergistic relationships with the Department of Homeland Security for leverage. AtHoc presently supports 90% of DHS today.
The director in this position will be given an entrepreneurial opportunity in a rapidly growing enterprise software company, to define the go-to-market plan and drive the execution of it in this critical market segment. The position reports directly to the Vice President, Public Sector.
- Define and execute the strategy and go-to-market plan for AtHoc’s products in the overall Public Safety and Homeland Defense market segment.
- Build the Public Safety business, including personally selling the AtHoc products and services in line with the respective sales quota and target goals.
- Recruit and lead the Public Safety and Homeland Defense vertical sales team.
- Identify and properly qualify client prospects and business opportunities in the specified markets.
- Develop and execute strategic enterprise account planning with sales and professional services team members.
- Demonstrate a proven sales process that delivers measurable value to our customers.
- Exhibit fluency in the identification and delivery of value at each stage of the customer decision-making process.
- Assist the AtHoc Civilian Homeland Defense Team to double revenues in 2013.
If you’re interested, please apply online at
or send your resume to
- 15+ years progressive sales-related experience
- Minimum 5 years proven experience selling into these market segments
- Working knowledge of the above market segments and categories
- Working knowledge of Port, State, and Local, County and municipal applications
- Working, demonstrable knowledge of federal acquisition as well as state and local procurement
- Working relationships with re-sellers who address this territory
- Previous sales experience in selling enterprise level solutions to this sector
- Team Player - must be ready to support all other members of the team and practiced in information sharing and teamwork to the end goal
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrable experience in working federal and state and local proposals
- Demonstrable experience in selling to all levels within base of users, including C levels
- Experience in developing and managing a vertical sales team
- Experience in working in a very fast-paced and challenging growth environment
- Successful Track Record – able to evidence successful transactions in this market and overachievement of Quota
- Enterprise Software product knowledge is strongly preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 65% of the time
- Virtual Office” environment – experience preferred
AtHoc, Inc. - 18 months ago
The AtHoc partner program focuses on marketing and reselling notifications solutions for emergency notifications, force...