With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: Artist Arena is the expert in surprising and captivating fans. We create thoughtful products and experiences that bring fans closer to the artists they love. We’re fans ourselves, and we know what it takes to make a lifelong fan: a close encounter, a backstage moment, individual attention, an unexpected souvenir. We are guided by this knowledge in everything we do, and that allows us to develop our clients’ most valuable asset: a loyal community of connected and committed fans.
High Level Job Description: Artist Arena requires a new Sr. Director of Business Development in Los Angeles to oversee the growth of profitable new business for the company with an emphasis on Top 200 grossing touring properties. This is a new position reporting to the General Manager in New York City.
Business will be built by identifying and engaging artist managers, agents, and record labels, as well as entertainment brands and top-tier marketing partners. This position will ensure business growth, predominantly out of the West Coast, through directing and managing business development activities in line with Key Performance Indicators to ensure results are delivered in accordance with organizational strategy.
- Reporting to: General Manager
- External relationships: Artist managers, agents, promoters, ticketing companies, marketing and media properties
- Internal relationships: Senior Management Peers, Product Management Team, Ticketing Department, Marketing, Shared Services, and Finance
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Identify and pursue business opportunities around upcoming artist tours
- Track and report on the developing business value and timing
- Impact the profitability of the company by adhering to margin requirements and other deal parameters
- On-going awareness of the market through competitor and market analysis
- Develop and grow the Company’s West Coast strategy and revenue in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities
- Contribute to the on-going development and refinement of Company’s vision and strategy
- Liaise with other executive heads on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans
- Contribute new ideas and thinking around business and revenue models
- Identify, quantify, and sell all Artist Arena services.
- Loves music and understands the “fan” mentality
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Great Communication Skills with multiple levels of management and cross departmental
- Strong analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong network of relationships with top-tier artist managers, agents, promoters, record label executives
- Minimum of six (6) combined years within the music industry, including exposure to live events/touring, online commerce/ticketing, recorded music
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2012 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 18 months ago