Comcast Corporate Communications
Comcast's Communication team creates the communications strategies that support the businesses and product launches for this Fortune 50 company. The ideal Sr. Director, Digital Communications candidate is a solution-oriented executive who thinks strategically and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness. S/he must be an excellent writer and editor who is well-versed in digital publishing and website programming. Experience posting text, photos and video as well as familiarity with content management systems are must-haves. Our candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment and managing communications across multiple audiences and approvers. Additionally, s/he will have a keen public relations intuition and strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Lead both strategy and execution for Comcast Corporation's key digital communications vehicles including the corporate website and Comcast Voices blog.
- Lead the development of the corporate website, which includes: ensuring the site is a world-class online destination, developing its editorial strategy, producing written and visual content as well as managing the production of content from numerous contributors throughout the corporation.
- Develop and execute communications strategies that use digital and social media to communicate with the corporation's most important influencers online, including bloggers and journalists.
- Manage and execute Comcast Corporation's social media strategy including proactive and reactive campaigns and activities for critical company initiatives.
- Partner with leaders and support teams across the company to ensure that the Comcast Corporation is communicating effectively through all digital channels.
- Provide strategic guidance and support to company leadership on digital media and social topics and strategies.
- Keep the company moving ahead of the curve and leverage new digital and social media technologies to communicate effectively online.
- Provide support for any communications projects that are developed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; business, communications or journalism discipline preferred.
- 12- 15 years of relevant communications experience.
- Experience in developing proactive, creative media relations campaigns to enhance a company's brand awareness.
- A savvy, smart, efficient, fast-working, results-oriented creative leader with good intuition for media opportunities and issues.
- Experience in mentoring coaching a team in an extremely fast-pace, evolving environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- A solid understanding of new media trends and an awareness of consumer products, particularly in the media, Internet, phone, cable and wireless industries.
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Good press relationships and excellent reporter-management skills.
- Issues management experience and an ability to manage crises on off-hours.
- A 24/7 professional capable of juggling projects at night and/or on weekends.
and new media strategies that will enhance the Company's reputation.
- Works closely with senior management to drive digital communications
Ensures that issues are monitored and addressed as it relates to these
media initiatives. Evaluates digital media communications issues
- Develops strategic communications plans in support of our digital
reactively in a rapid response mode, and integrates digital media
strategies into communications plans to leverage Company initiatives.
relevant business units to ensure the appropriate use of a wide range of
- Partners with other corporate functions including marketing and
digital media communications vehicles in the delivery of consistent
messages across audiences.
relates to branding, support of network programming, viewer loyalty,
- Maximizes the content and traffic of the organization's Web site as it
network sales, and affiliate support and keeps abreast of unit
monitoring system to measure effectiveness.
- Manages development and implementation of the digital media online
- Provides strategic digital media advice and counsel to senior
partners to acquire innovative content and oversees resources.
- Manages budgets, legal agreements, negotiates with third parties and
decisions on potential reputation issues, especially pertaining to
- Represents corporate communications views and opinions, and influences
- Drives organizational development of digital media capabilities to
- Manages internet sales budgets; reviews ad packages and all online
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Generally requires 14+ years related experience
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...