Posting Job Title: Senior Director, Corporate Strategy - Video
Requisition #: 143930BR
Posting Location: New York, NY, US
Area of Interest: Strategic Planning
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate Strategy Department is looking for a small number of professionals with exceptional strategic planning capabilities and experience, to serve as Senior Director, Video Strategy. The Senior Director, Video Strategy will be an integral part of the team that manages corporate strategy development and planning. This role has significant, consistent exposure to all corporate functions and business units.
- Contribute to the overall Time Warner Cable corporate strategy.
- Work with business unit leaders to develop and implement long-term business strategy consistent with organizational goals and objectives.
- Work with the team that serves as advisor to senior business unit leaders on strategic issues.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of key strategic planning processes for the Video business and related business areas.
- Coordinate the Video business unit participation in the strategic planning process.
- Oversee strategy projects and manage internal teams.
- Communicate the strategy to key stakeholders (internal and, potentially, external).
- Contribute to the ongoing development of a strategic planning, fact-based, for the Video business and related lines of business, including a deep understanding of value chain economics, competitor and other value chain participant activities, strategies and capabilities, as well as customer needs and behaviors.
- Outline and manage all the strategic competitive analysis around trends in the industry and strategies at key competitors and suppliers, and their implications on the business.
- Identify future needs within the marketplace that qualify as opportunities for new offerings.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Mathematics or Sciences is preferred.
- 6+ years of professional experience in a Fortune 100 organization, and/or a top-tier telecommunication/cable or media/entertainment firm.
- 2+ years of strategy consulting, business development, and corporate development in a strategic planning or internal business consulting role.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening), as well as presentation, interpersonal, and negotiating skills in a variety of settings (small and large groups; peers, junior and senior management; counter parties; in a leading and supporting role).
- Demonstrated flexibility working in a fast-paced environment requiring quick response to new strategic directions.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze problems, probe facts, identify and question assumptions, and analyze issues from different perspectives.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast - paced, high visibility and complex assignments across all functional areas.
- Facilitate productive working sessions, and articulately present, support, and defend synthesized analyses and recommendations.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00158 - NYC 1 TW Ctr \ 60 Columbus Cir
Time Warner Cable - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...