Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and University Relations, the Senior Director, Marketing serves as a critical member of the Pac-12 Enterprises team and as the point person for marketing strategy and execution. He/she will be responsible for marketing communications, including consumer and affiliate marketing, and brand architecture for all of Pac-12 Enterprises. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge in the sports television industry, competition, and market trends. The Senior Director, Marketing will supervise a department of 4, manage and interface with outside consultants/agencies, and collaborate with key departments and cross functional teams, ensuring consistent communication.
- Manage and lead all marketing efforts, including Strategic Brand Marketing, Consumer Communications, Media Buying/Planning, Affiliate Sales Marketing, Sponsorship and Ad Sales Marketing, Digital/Social Media Marketing, budgeting, and staffing structure
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the marketing strategy of Pac-12 Enterprises and its brands: Pac-12 Networks, Pac-12 Digital, Pac-12 Properties.
- Provide strategic marketing direction based on technology, consumer and competitive knowledge to meet changing market conditions.
- Manage the development and implementation of consumer marketing strategies designed to gain maximum exposure and promotional value in any and all media, including television, print, radio, digital, mobile, and social.
- Evaluate outside marketing partnerships to spark brand awareness and buzz in the marketplace about Pac-12 Enterprises.
- Partner with Sponsorship and Ad Sales to leverage the brand and the content to produce marketing and sponsorship opportunities.
- Design and develop sponsorship concepts, programs, and presentations for new business prospects across various products.
- Maintain a strong pulse with the Affiliate Sales pipeline to design marketing campaigns that augment affiliate sales.
- Identify and implement needed market research studies to better evaluate needs, sales potential, market segments, and achievement of marketing objectives.
- Direct and recommend promotional programs for products and report the impact
- Develop creative materials and packages ensuring an effective and consistent Pac-12 brand message. Ensure brand presence from corporate presentations, collateral for ad sales and university relations, to print and radio ad buys.
- Develop metric based goals and review against costs and performance data to optimize ROI.
- Provide thought leadership around digital media, mobile, social and data to drive brand positioning in the marketplace and long-term success.
- Direct social media strategies that will exponentially grow fan bases and community engagement in relevant social sites and platforms and track programs to understand performance/ROI.
- A demonstrated track record of success building and maintaining dynamic and well-known consumer brands.
- Ideally, significant experience leading a marketing group at a cable or broadcast network.
- A sophisticated understanding of corporate communications tools, techniques and best practices.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the television industry (history, outlets, competition, etc.) and the ability to apply previously developed marketing expertise at Pac-12 Enterprises.
- Experience with college sports content and distribution preferred and a passion for college athletics.
- A deep understanding and appreciation of the Pac-12 Conference brand and how this brand is most effectively expressed on all media platforms.
- Keen understanding of Pac-12 Enterprises’ target consumers (demographic and psychographic, including deep appreciation of what drives these consumers along with traditional and digital media.
- Knowledge of digital content creation, marketing and distribution
- Experience with ad sales marketing and sponsorships
- Experience working for both large companies and previous start-ups.
- A strong professional drive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Management and leadership style anchored in a clear and concise articulation of vision, goals, strategies, values/culture and roles and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Pac-12 Enterprises - 2 years ago