This position will report directly to the respective area superintendent. The incumbent will be responsible for managing Environmental, Health, And Safety programs within a designated department providing leadership and support to line management in achieving departmental EHS goals through the following activities:
• Implement site specific Environmental, Health And Safety programs designed to meet federal, state, local and Alcoa requirements.
• Routinely audit EHS program compliance.
• Conduct routine site inspections to ensure compliance with Federal, State, local and Alcoa EHS requirements.
• Assist with the development of standard work instructions.
• Participate and coordinate EHS incident investigation for the department.
• Participate and embrace Human Performance techniques and tools
The principal challenge is to ensure that sound EHS management systems are in place in the department(s) in order to achieve departmental EHS goals.
Point Comfort, TX is located 125 miles southwest of Houston. Alcoa Point Comfort Operations supplies alumina, the compound from which aluminum is made, to Alcoa’s global production system - the largest network of refineries and smelters in the world. Alcoa Point Comfort Operations has been a member of the Calhoun County Community since 1948 when it constructed the first aluminum production facility powered by natural gas. Since 1980, however, alumina has been Point Comfort Operation’s primary product. Alcoa Point Comfort Operations is dedicated to its role in improving the community by relentlessly pursuing its health, safety and environmental goals. Alcoa is particularly committed to improving and maintaining the environmental quality of neighboring Lavaca Bay and other vital natural resources.
ALCOA - 12 months ago
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...