Pay Rate: $60-$85 per hour
Terms: Contract 1099, Corp-to-Corp or Contract W2
Duration: 6-12+ months
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gorilla Logic is a rapidly growing software consulting company located in the heart of downtown Boulder, with additional offices in New York and Bangalore and with large amount of customers across the nation. With established expertise in building enterprise apps for web and mobile, Gorilla Logic has a hefty portfolio of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 clients. Our 85 person team works with technologies such as Java, Flex, HTML5, JQuery, Android, iOS, PHP and many more. Because of our talented engineers and extreme success across multiple industries, we are the industry's GORILLAS. We continuously strive to seperate ourselves from our competitors by hiring top-tier talent, and that's why we are interested in YOU.
One of our top clients in the Pasadena area is in the financial industry, and is looking for a long term Sr. ETL Developer to join their team as a contractor.
The Senior ETL Developer will be primary responsible for ETL tools development to build a mission critical enterprise risk platform, which supports various portfolio risk management needs within the client. The person will implement tasks related to data management, data extraction, business/IT rule transformation, data load to target system, and exception management, as well as support other production ETL processes and systems in risk management team. He/she will also work closely with Sr. Database Developer, Quant/SAS developers, QA engineers, and Business Analyst through out project lifecycle under minimum supervision of project manager.
- Work with Database Developer/Molder, Quantitative/SAS developer, Business Analyst, DBA, System Administrator, and QA engineer to design and implement ETL workflow and programs required for the enterprise risk system.
- Design new ETL workflow and/or customize/maintain existing workflows and processes.
- Implement ETL processes primary in Ab Initio.
- Propose Ab Initio features for best design, customization, and user experience.
- Develop SQL, PL/SQL programs, and scripts to support various data operations required by applications.
- Optimize performance by analyzing, ETL workflow and query patterns.
- Manage ETL artifacts in source code management system and deploy to DEV, QA, and Production environments.
- Analyze issues & fix defects during SDLC, troubleshoot production issues, and respond to business users data inquiries.
- Produce ETL design documents, test plans, and system requirements.
- Understand complex data requirements such as Terms and Conditions, market, position and price data of vast fixed income and derivative securities.
- Minimum 8 years intensive hands-on ETL workflow design and implementation experience in Ab Initio for enterprise applications.
- Minimum 5 years of intensive SQL and PL/SQL programming experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience with performance turning around ETL workflow, query optimization, indexing etc.
- Familiar with Oracle 11g features.
- Familiar with UNIX and Windows development environments and various scripting languages e.g. PERL and Autosys.
- Familiar with source code management and deployment tools such as SVN, CVS, Ant, and Ant Hill Pro.
- Familiar with IT SDLC methodology and best practices.
- Prior hands on experience with Ab Initio SAS plug-in and integration with FinCAD is plus.
- Prior hands on experience with J2EE, XML, industry popular frameworks, libraries, and application servers is plus.
- Prior experience with fixed income business and implementation of risk management system is a huge plus.
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, and capable of independent and critical thinking and problem solving
- B.S. or equivalent education in computer science or engineering is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Gorilla Logic provides software tools and consulting services that dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of application development...