The eCommerce Senior Editor contributes to REI’s success by writing and editing for REI’s digital properties, including marketing communications, brand messaging and technical interactive copy as needed. Ensures that written content is compatible with corporate standards related to style, message and theme. Manages written material to format properly with the web design. Leverages existing brand creative copy for best use within a digital, interactive environment, maximizing calls to action, SEO tactics and other copy used to drive sales and conversion. Writes and edits technical and instructional copy for enhanced usability. Accountable for successful, on-time, on-brand copy execution of campaigns, events and experiences on highly trafficked and dynamic web pages.
- Creates and edits digital copy to drive sales and conversion and to optimize usability, accessibility and SEO
- Optimize merchandising and marketing copy for an interactive digital environment
- Uses superior writing skills and extraordinary attention to detail to evaluate, uphold, implement, and evangelize content standards that reflect REI’s content voice and style guidelines
- Synthesize and analyze relevant content, traffic and sales metrics to improve the effectiveness of commerce page content
- Ensures on time and on brand execution of marketing campaigns, communications, product merchandising and other time sensitive events
- Participates in regular optimization of REI’s digital properties by responding to testing data and other analysis
- Maintains a consistent brand and functional experience on REI’s digital properties by adhering to style and format guidelines and other digital standards
- Employs content management tool expertise and digital best practices knowledge to assemble and publish accurate and consistent web experiences
- Ensures quality and accuracy by proofing own work, participating in proofing reviews by others, and revising materials according to feedback on proofs
- Uses sound business judgment to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances
- Participates in the ongoing effectiveness and efficiency of our content management systems and processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently from the inception stage through launch
- Contributes to development and communication of copy standards
- Forecasts future needs and resources to write and edit copy content
- Implements style guide and creative standards across projects
5+ years’ experience writing and editing dynamic and interactive website copy that drives business goals and meets customers’ needs.
- 5+ years’ experience creating and publishing dynamic, interactive copy in a fast paced retail web publishing environment
- Experience with dynamic, automated workflows and related aspects of content management systems.
- Thorough understanding of online editorial best practices and priorities, including SEO, brand messaging, usability, etc.
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, utilizing strong and effective communication skills while working in a team-oriented environment..
- Excellent ability to communicate ideas across a large organization.
- Must have an ability to clearly convey complex ideas in a simple way.
- Must be a passionate and eloquent advocate for the REI brand.
- Must be able to deliver creative solutions that meet REI’s strategic needs.
- Must understand all forms of communication and marketing, and to be conversant in the way they are used to build a successful brand and business.
- Must have an ability to collaborate across many diverse groups, and to broker compromise and consensus without sacrificing the quality of the solution.
- Must be able to clearly articulate complex design and copy concepts in a way that is easily understood.
- Must be able to work toward collective goals while still respecting the contributions of the individual.
REI - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...