Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways by developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our lower Manhattan office. This is a challenging role and the successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering large and complex building electrical systems designs.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Working under nominal supervision taking responsibility for the design and construction administration of definable parts of assigned projects;
• Designing electrical systems predominantly for underground transit projects including power distribution systems, lighting, fire alarm and other low voltage systems.
• Conducting power system analysis including short circuit analysis and protection coordination.
Qualified professionals will have:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering with a sound knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals.
2. At least 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Knowledge of New York State Building Codes, National Electric Code.
4. Knowledge of medium voltage (13.2 kV minimum) distribution systems for infrastructure sites.
5. A keen interest in sustainability and renewable energy technologies.
6. Excellent qualities in written, verbal, and presentation communication with colleagues and clients of all levels.
7. Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
8. PE license is a plus.
9. Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
10. May be required to visit job sites during construction so should be able to climb ladders etc.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Arup - 2 years ago
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...