At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Energy Risk Management Analyst or Below #36544
Puget Sound Energy’s Power Costs Department is looking for a Senior Energy Risk Management Analyst or below, depending on qualifications, to join our team! This role performs rigorous cost accounting and forecasting analyses surrounding gas and power resource costs, margin and risks associated with PSE’s energy risk management program, including power cost regulatory mechanisms and issues such as the Power Cost Adjustment (PCA) mechanism. They will also provide, support and document external power cost forecasts for rate filings, SEC reporting, internal financial reporting and rating agency reports. This position works across a broad range of departments within PSE to gain a deep understanding of PSE’s energy resources and associated costs.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Performs and reports to upper management periodically with power and gas portfolio forecasts. Provides backup and overview of the monthly power cost forecast utilized in the outlook report.
- Provides power costs forecast for rate case filings; support and assist power costs witness with testimony, exhibits, work papers, data requests and ad-hoc analyses.
- Develops power cost forecast for annual power supply budget and strategic plan.
- Reviews power cost related accounting reports.
- Maintains worksheets by resource to support forecast of power costs.
- Reads and analyzes the outputs from AURORA and PowerSimm models to check the reasonableness of resource inputs and outputs (contract rates, maintenance schedule, outage rates, dispatch, heat rates, etc, etc).
- Interacts with and works closely with financial planning, resource acquisition group, energy accounting, regulatory group, financial reporting, contracts group, gas & power supply operations and efficiency group on a regular basis for various projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, with focus in economics, accounting, engineering, finance or related area.
- 3 years utility power & gas experience and proficiency with Monte Carlo simulations.
- Experience in econometric analytic, energy risk management, financial modeling, database management & gas and power forecasting.
- Problem-solving skills, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- High proficiency in Excel, MS-Access, PowerPoint, Word and COGNOS is expected.
- Good professional communication and presentation skills.
- CPA, MBA, or CFA.
- Regulatory knowledge and experience,
- SAP and PowerSimm experience.
- Programming experience in SAS and VB.
This opening will be filled by a Senior Energy Risk Management Analyst or Energy Risk Management Analyst depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers
Indeed - 11 months ago
A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The...