At Netflix, we are building a big data analytics infrastructure in the cloud by leveraging open source technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig and more. We provide a reliable platform that powers search and recommendations and surfaces product and consumer insights from a petabyte scale data-warehouse. Tens of billions of events are processed daily and the volume is climbing rapidly as we grow our global subscriber base. This represents a tremendous opportunity to build a world-class data pipeline and analytics platform in the cloud for our global and expanding services.
Here is a tech blog that describes the core of our infrastructure: http://techblog.netflix.com/2013/01/hadoop-platform-as-service-in-cloud.html
As part of the big data infrastructure team, you will:
- Design and build best-of-class big data platform in the cloud.
- Explore, implement, and extend novel technologies for interacting with and processing data in near real-time.
- Implement new architecture and provide thought leadership around making data faster, easier, and more efficient to process and consume.
- Contribute and work with various open source projects.
- Become an expert of the Hadoop ecosystem.
This is your dream job if you:
- Love to solve complex problems and provide simple elegant solutions.
- Have experience with distributed systems.
- Pride yourself as good coder and an expert in OO programming paradigm (you could be an advocate for either Java or Python).
- Love to work with open source technologies and love to build software in the cloud.
- Have a MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
If tackling these kinds of challenges and working on a large scale service enjoyed by millions of people around the world sound interesting, we’d love to talk to you!
Netflix - 13 months ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...