Senior Engineer - Development - Research
This position is for an Engineering Project Team Leader that will lead a team of engineers that are responsible for providing process automation and support of multiple Virtual Product Development (VPD) Tools primarily related to Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and High Performance Clusters (HPC).
Another key role of this position is to manage multiple world wide engineering commercial software contracts, manage and track license usage as well as providing cost distribution to business units. Working closely with Global Purchasing Buyers this person will facilitate software supplier negotiations, usage terms, provide usage forecasts and create projection of future analysis needs and trends. The individual is expected to lead strategy projects, develop and execute plans to meet short and long term Caterpillar global VPD Infrastructure needs. This person will work closely with IT and Engineering business partners to collect requirements and ensure that needs are met in VPD Infrastructure area to support Caterpillar product development.
* BS/MS/PhD in Engineering or related field with at least 10 years of experience
* Should possess strong strategy, planning and problem solving skills
* Should have strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* A team player with strong desire to coach and mentor employees
* Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software applications such as, Nastran, Abaqus and Fluent
* Knowledge of High Performance Cluster (HPC) architecture and support
* C/C++, Python programming experience
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world
's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website
May 29, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Illinois-Mossville-MOSSTCTR04-Tech Ctr Building E-IL-US
Management / Professional
Caterpillar - 22 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...