Have you ever wanted to work for a world leader in their industry?
SBM Offshore is an integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry.
SBM Offshore owns and operates the world’s largest fleet of FPSOs which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day throughout.
SBM Offshore’s global footprint includes 7 execution centers worldwide.
We are proud of our technological innovation, and are a market leader in R&D and technology development.
Some of SBM Offshore’s products include FPSOs, Turret Mooring Systems, CALM buoys, TLPs, and Semisubmersibles.
Careers at SBM Offshore offer our employees:
SBM Offshore is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer - Mechanical Equipment.
- Unique opportunities to participate in the full life-cycle of projects and operations from engineering through construction and installation and throughout production operations
- Experience with a leader in deepwater floating production and mooring systems, in production operations and in terminals and services
- Opportunities for roles in Execution centers, in our construction yards and with our specialized offshore installation vessels.
- A company philosophy of exposing talented individuals to all parts of the business which provides opportunities to expand their personal tool kits.
The Senior Mechanical Equipment Engineer will:
Periodic domestic or international travel for customer and vendor contacts or for site support may be required.
- Prepare Technical Specifications and Technical Bid Evaluation for Gas Compressors, Power Generators, Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Packaged Equipment and Utlities Equipment, etc. for offhore vessel operations.
- Review / approve Vendor calculations and documents.
- Coordinate with relevant disciplines on the project.
- Participate in Equipment Final Acceptance Tests.
- Provide construction/commissioning/operational supports.
Familiar with Offshore industry Codes and Standards for oil and gas production and working experience with oil and gas processing equipment is a must.
Graduate Engineer from a recognized university in a relevant engineering disciplines (i.e., structural, civil, mechanical, ocean, naval architecture, etc.) with 8 years of relevant experience in engineering.
An advanced Engineering degree or Professional Registration is desirable.
Headquartered in West Houston’s Energy Corridor, the Houston Execution Center of SBM Offshore offers a congenial work environment, excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, 401(k) Plan, 4-1/2 Day Work week, AD&D, Bonus Plan, Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Medical and Dental Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan). **subject to employment status.
The SBM Offshore Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.