Support business objectives through any of the following specialty areas: equipment/maintenance engineering, system protection, Control Room support, tower design, system planning, substation design, and/or the implementation of capital projects.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to field personnel and contractors in the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of system components.
- Prepare estimates, material requisitions, specifications and drawings for internally designed projects.
- Make authoritative recommendations to troubleshoot complex technical problems on various electrical equipment and systems.
- Serve as lead engineer on design projects by checking designs submitted by contractors, issuing the project for construction when approved, and participating in the creation of conceptual designs and layouts.
- Independently create designs for electrical transmission lines or substation installations, protective relaying systems, relay settings and SCADA systems
- Review and approve designs created by other Engineers and Associate Engineers
- Collaborate with other engineers and departments which may include consulting, managing projects, organizing resources, or maintenance.
- Generate internal and external reports on various facets of transmission system.
- Attend meetings and training sessions to increase professional knowledge and skills.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related engineering experience.
- Technical expertise in planning, design, construction and/or maintenance of electric power transmission lines, substations, power equipment or control systems (including relay protection, SCADA and telecommunications),
- Power system coursework preferred for electrical engineering majors.
- Utility experience preferred.
- Possess sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Ability to learn and utilize job specific software.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 12 months ago