Provides guidance to the Engineers in the department and technical expertise within the ITC Great Plains business unit primarily related to the Planning function.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external entities such as Operations, Engineering, Compliance, SPP, generator owners and developers, transmission companies, cooperatives and load serving entities interconnected to the transmission systems.
- Provides technical guidance to engineers in the department and assists with the evaluation of those employees.
- Develops presentations and presents study results to both internal and external audiences.
- Supports the Company’s business model by taking an active role on various committees, panels and working groups at Regional Reliability Organizations, Regional Transmission Organizations, NERC/ERO and other industry and stakeholder related groups.
- Develops, tests and proposes new system capital expansion projects to mitigate potential system performance concerns or planning criteria violations.
- Supports Department functions by monitoring and proposing enhancements to Planning processes to support Department objectives and deliverables.
- Leads development of internal and external analysis and documentation of various facets of the transmission system.
- Supports RTO and RRO data submittals, regulatory filings, NERC compliance activities and development of contracts.
- Monitors policy issues and select regulatory activities that may have an impact on the company and provides planning support for regulatory and legal filings.
- Supports ITC Grid Development activities by working with existing and potential partners in pursuit of transmission development opportunities and evaluating potential projects.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; power system coursework preferred.
- Advanced degree in engineering is desirable.
- Minimum of five years (5) of related experience; seven (7) or more years of experience preferred.
- Expertise with the use of power system analytical software.
- Direct or indirect knowledge of the SPP planning processes.
- Extensive knowledge of ITC, NERC and/or applicable RTO planning standards.
- Understanding of the relationships between FERC, NERC, the RRO’s, the RTO’s and state regulatory agencies.
- Sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Ability to implement and support Planning processes, policies, documents and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to multi-task and work under minimal supervision, in a team environment.
- Ability to manage complex interpersonal situations, achieving a win-win result.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Travel Required.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 15 months ago