The Netflix Product Engineering team supports the movie discovery, personalized recommendations, and playback for each of the 25 million subscribers who reach us via the website, TV-connected and mobile devices. The video metadata engineering team develops high performance libraries/servers powering the video metadata needs for all of Netflix (e.g. member experience, playback experience, and signup experience), making it the compelling service it is, handling close to 100 billion operations/day. This is a key element in ensuring solid data flow all the way from the CDNs to recommendation systems that provide the experience uniquely suited for each user and device, and you will have a critical role to play in its success.
Do you want to work with bright engineers who love to solve hard problems? Do you love taking complete ownership of not just the technical aspects but also the overall execution of efforts? Do you feel like the work you do makes a difference and moves the business in a meaningful way? Do your co-workers know who you are, what you do, and that you do it exceptionally well? This is the kind of environment that we value at Netflix. High performance is not only noticed but required.
We are looking for a seasoned, talented and motivated Senior Software Engineering Lead to help build out the infrastructure to scale and enable newer explorations for personalization. You will be expected to drive the requirements for and own large components of the infrastructure and own execution throughout the life cycle: architecture, design, implementation, testing and overall coordination. You will need to exhibit strong leadership and communication skills, set and successfully execute on the engineering and release priorities in a dynamic application development environment.
To be successful in this role, you must be a quick learner, have stellar software development and communication abilities, and work well in large cross-functional teams. This is a great opportunity to enhance your cloud computing skills working with a number of open source platforms, and simultaneously gain intimate knowledge of Netflix products and services.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least seven years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- Strong and proven Java and object-oriented development skills
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems like cassandra and client-server architectures
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- Strong ability to own and drive overall coordination and take projects to the finish line
- BS/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience as a Technical Lead on a complex distributed systems project
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like amazon AWS
- Experience troubleshooting in complex distributed systems
Netflix offers a unique culture that values freedom and responsibility. You can learn more at www.netflix.com/Jobs .
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...