GES seeks a Senior Environmental Consultant & Business Developer to lead the growth of our Eagan, MN office's Industrial Projects Program.
Our selected candidate must possess experience managing highly complex environmental remediation efforts at industrial project sites, coupled with a proven track record of pursuing and capturing project work from existing and/or new clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide high level oversight and technical input to ensure that environmental remediation efforts at industrial project sites (manufacturing plants, chemical plants, terminals, pipelines, and refineries) are executed within scope/budget/schedule, as well as ensure that quality standards are met on project deliverables.
- Manage client interaction and financial / resource allocation.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the Industrial Projects Program, i.e. situational analysis, opportunities, and action plan.
- Identify and develop new market opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in business development with new and existing clients.
- Generate leads and develop new business opportunities through networking.
- Attend industry related conferences, exhibitions, associations, and functions.
- Participate in all aspects of bid and proposal preparation.
- Co-conduct sales presentations and informational seminars for potential clients.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, environmental), Geology, Environmental Science or a related discipline; Master’s degree or higher and/or Professional Geologist (PG), Professional Engineer (PE) license is a plus.
- 10-15+ years of progressive experience providing technical environmental consulting support to industrial clients, i.e. Manufacturing, Chemical, Terminals, Pipelines, Refineries, etc.
- Established relationships with representatives of petroleum and/or industrial companies are required, as well as the ability to leverage these relationships to increase business revenue.
- Qualified candidates will also be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain an account for an extended period of time as a result of client satisfaction
- A proven business development track record of pursuing and capturing additional project work, which includes performing market analysis, generating leads, creating proposals, and conducting sales presentations
- Excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, presentation, and client service skills are required
- A Drug/Alcohol Screening and a Background Check are required.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D