The Louis Berger Group, Inc. (Berger) seeks a Senior Environmental Planner/Scientist in its Portland, OR office to serve as project manager in preparing environmental compliance documentation, including Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and other documents in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for Federal clients. Experience in environmental planning for energy and/or land use/water management agencies is required. The qualified candidate should have experience in technical analysis for NEPA documents, managing and producing reports and other documentation, and interacting directly with Federal clients to identify project requirements and milestones. The successful candidate will meet the following required criteria:
· A Masters’ Degree in planning, environmental policy, environmental studies/science, or related fields
· More than ten (10) years of experience in environmental consulting with the Federal government, at least three (3) years’ experience with direct management and supervisory duties
· Knowledge of NEPA and agency compliance regulations
In addition, the following experience/abilities are desirable:
- Willingness to travel 20-25% (within US)
- Ability to deliver work products with little management direction to meet specific desired objectives, and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Strong writing and organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Natural resources/fisheries or energy background/experience a plus.
1. Experience as a project manager on EAs and EISs with Bonneville Power Administration, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Land Management, and/or NOAA
2. Experience in environmental planning for energy projects such as transmission lines, hydropower, wind and solar.
3. Experience in environmental planning and compliance for fisheries related projects such as hatcheries, fish passage, and habitat/ecosystem restoration.
4. Experience working on programmatic NEPA documents.
5. Experience in business development.
6. Ability to manage staff.
7. Ability to work independently with little management direction—self-starter, driven.
Preference will be given to candidates living in the proximity of the work location.
Please include salary history/requirements when responding. The Louis Berger Group, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including Medical & Dental plans, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plan, 401K with match, Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays.
Interested candidates should apply on line using the following link Our system works best with Word 2003 .doc or .rtf version of your resume. Windows 7 docx format will not upload properly
http://www.louisberger.com/resume/res_form/res_form.php EOE M/F/D/V
The Louis Berger Group, Inc - 22 months ago
The Louis Berger Group provides civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineering services for commercial and...