Senior Equities Institutional Specialist - Aerospace and Defense
S&P Capital IQ (SPCIQ), a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is a leading provider of multi-asset class data, research and analytics to institutional investors, investment advisors and wealth managers around the world.
It provides a broad suite of capabilities designed to help track performance, generate alpha, identify new trading and investment ideas and perform risk analysis and mitigation strategies.
SPCIQ delivers leading desktop solutions such as Capital IQ, Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor.
It also provides enterprise solutions such as S&P Securities Evaluations, Global Data Solutions and Compustat.
Additionally, SPCIQ provides research offerings, including Leveraged Commentary & Data, Global Market Intelligence and company and fund research.
SPCIQ currently has 7,000 employees in 20 countries.
This position is designed to carry out the principal function of Equity Research analytical duties with a heavy institutional servicing component.
Analyst duties will include coverage of 15-18 stocks with a specific focus on Aerospace and Defense, and servicing that will include frequent client interaction in the form of morning calls, event presentations, client sales force teach-ins, and escorting sophisticated buy-side investors to covered companies.
The position requires 5+ years in an equity research environment, including in-depth knowledge in a subject industry, and strong experience with servicing institutional client needs.
- Monitor STARS stock selection recommendations and produce research commentary on covered list of 15-18 companies such as for example Boeing, GE and General Dynamics.
Complete fundamental analysis and valuation assessments, stock recommendations, publishing company reports and thematic research.
Keep informed of news and developments affecting companies and industries, earnings estimate revisions, target price, and recommendation when news impacts company, industry or sub-industry.
- Construct and maintain financial models to support valuations and Buy/Hold/Sell recommendations.
Ensure that the recommendations and valuations are based on adequate and appropriate information that adhere to defined parameters and demonstrate professional judgment.
Fully responsible for communicating individual stock and sub-industry views internally with the strategy group to develop sector strategies and externally to sophisticated institutional clients and the media including print, television, radio and internal broadcasts.
- Interface with the institutional sales group of our clients to present morning call commentary and teach-ins of industry dynamics for the purpose of communicating recommendations and industry themes to sophisticated asset managers.
Organize and lead buy-side investors on field trips to covered company facilities for meetings with company management, relying on management relationships.
- Ensure proactive and reactive response to analytical inquiries from sophisticated customers in a timely manner using technical/professional knowledge.
- Offer ideas for effective morning meeting or marketing calls to institutional sales group or buy-side institutions.
- Assist other analysts in preparing marketing presentations, sponsoring field trips and conference calls with management and buy-side customers.
- Keen awareness of competitive sell-side research landscape and best in class research practices from broker dealer firms.
- Ability to collaborate with sales, marketing and product development to respond to evolving equity research marketplace.
- Lead and share with other analysts skill sets needed to build engaging company relationships to spur new corporate access business.
- This institutional specialist role will support institutional equity business, requiring a substantial amount of communication of investment ideas at an institutional level to sophisticated clients.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent financial /accounting knowledge, CFA or MBA required
- 5+ years working within a sell-side equity research environment while interfacing with sales teams
- Sound knowledge of economic and market fundamentals
- Strong foundation of Equity Research analytical process to include valuation methods, due diligence, and industry trends and drivers, ideally coupled with meaningful experience in a specific industry
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally with clients and the media
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Analytical attention to detail, fact finding, initiative, listening, oral communication, teamwork, and high work standards
- Ability to work both independently and interactively with other team members under tight deadlines
- Deliver customer focus, quality awareness, and technical/professional knowledge
- Training in the various Equity Research products (Stock Reports, Research Notes, Trends & Ideas and The Outlook) and the appropriate writing style required of each product
- Ability to elevate baseline research knowledge to create actionable and differentiated morning calls to institutional equity sales traders such as communicating proprietary ideas like correlations between macroeconomic drivers and industries
S&P Capital IQ
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....