Senior Failure Analysis Engineer (FIB/TEM/PFA)
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking highly skilled and motivated Failure Analysis Engineer to become part of our New Technology Prototyping (NTP) team under Technology Development in Malta, New York, in support to the development of 20nm technology and beyond.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop advanced imaging techniques & physical failure analysis protocols / best practice, especially in general and advanced applications of FIB / Non-FIB related TEM sample-prep and advanced TEM imaging techniques in implementing advanced technology nodes in Malta to meet GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ technology roadmap requirements.
· Primary responsibilities of this position are to participate in yield-learning related fault-isolations, defect / failure analysis, root-cause identifications, development of physical / electrical failure analysis techniques (such as FIB / SEM / TEM / general PFA de-processing / Bench Tester / OBIRCH / Nanoprobing, etc.) to optimize imaging quality and throughputs for the purpose of exploration & categorization of the process under development.
· Define best FA methodology/technique for the determination of failure modes and to determine minimum requirements to achieve image characterization balancing between throughput and quality.
· Serve as a technical expert for Physical & Electrical Failure Analysis methodology in collaboration with Process / Integration teams. May also need to interact with GF 300mm facilities and to support tool selection strategies in emerging facilities for failure analysis equipment.
· Provide effective leadership and mentorship for FA technicians executing experiments by aforementioned characterization techniques or data reviews in support of the program.
· Required to be hands-on in day to day review of information, evaluation of sample-prep, bench tests, and imaging techniques including understanding of failure mechanisms with the mindset of making a difference.
· Prepared mentally and physically to enter an FA Lab to supervise, execute or oversee activities.
· Team-working, forward / positive thinking, strong interpersonal skills, with spirit-to-win attitude in fast-paced, customer- / goal- / result-oriented environment.
· Readiness / flexible to work at odd hours (nights or weekends) to coincide with tool availability to fulfill associated job responsibilities.
· BS degree holder plus minimum 5 yrs experience; MS degree holder plus minimum 2 yrs experience; or PhD Degree in Materials Science, Physics, Chemical Engr, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering or technical fields. With demonstrated hands-on experience in Physical & Electrical Failure Analysis or advanced Materials Characterizations with Micro/Nano-Analysis.
· Possess strong communication skills with the ability to develop strong inter-personnel relationship.
· Demonstrated ability / records to generate patents and/or publications.
· Limited travel may be required.
· Hands-on experience with advanced TEM/SEM/FIB/OBIRCH techniques where the sample under evaluation is at least 45nm would be an advantage.
· Prior P/EFA experience at semiconductor wafer-fab is a plus; or demonstrated solid understanding of chip architectures, wafer process workflow, transistor physics, advanced PFA techniques, etc.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers t he flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard