PMC (Nasdaq: PMCS) is the semiconductor innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store digital content. Building on a track record of technology leadership, we are driving innovation across storage, optical and mobile networks. Our highly integrated solutions increase performance and enable next generation services to accelerate the network transformation.
About the Job:
Division: ESD, Storage Server Solutions
Pre and Post Technical Sales support of Adaptec by PMC Storage Server Solutions. Work closely with Regional Sales Managers to develop strategies to close key opportunities and increase market share for channel products.
- Provide technical and customer support in achieving sales team objectives.
- Proactively establish strong relationships with key technical and management individuals within channel customer accounts.
- Provide on-site World Class field support to PMC’s channel customers.
- Establish strong relationships and communication channels with internal Engineering, Marketing, Support, and Sales teams.
- Identify customer architectures and key product requirements.
- Debug customer issues including system hardware, firmware and software.
- Provide technical and sales training to direct sales team and channel partners.
- Contribute to PMC’s knowledge base resources, i.e., application notes, technical training presentations, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of technical sales experience in the RAID and/or HBA channel market.
- Datacenter experience a definite plus
- Experienced in SAS and SATA protocols
- Proficiency in C or C++ and familiarity with firmware device driver development a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Microsoft, and VMWare.
- Strong English communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Ability to troubleshoot and triage complex technical issues.
- Customer focused. Must have excellent customer skills and the ability to work well with internal and external customers.
- Core technical competencies
- SAS/SATA, PCI, SCSI, Enclosure Management, storage architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of RAID. Adaptec specific skills a major plus.
- Strong O/S skills. Windows and Linux required, VMware a definite plus.
- Core business competencies – strategic decision-making, analysis, sales process savvy
- Creative thinking and innovation with analytic problem-solving ability
- Motivated with strong work ethic
- Self-starter – able to thrive with a minimum of direct supervision
- Ability to objectively prioritize and balance support/sales needs
- Ability to travel on short notice is required and expected
PMC (NASDAQ: PMCS) is the semiconductor innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store digital content. Building on a track record of technology leadership, PMC is driving innovation across storage, optical and mobile networks. The company's highly integrated solutions increase performance and enable next-generation services to accelerate the network transformation.
Follow PMC on Twitter, LinkedIn and RSS.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at:
PMC (NASDAQ:PMCS) is the semiconductor innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store digital content. Building on a track...