Basic Function: Provides technical field service at the customer work site. May be a resident or float within a service area.
1. Provide preventive and remedial maintenance on all designated equipment.
2. Provide daily supervision of Metso employees assigned to incumbent’s customer work site.
3. Responsible for all Metso owned equipment and tools at the customer site.
4. Provide administrative support for the equipment at site by attending daily and weekly meetings with technical and production personnel at the customer’s worksite.
5. Prepare monthly reports indicating performance of the installed equipment. Included in this is a control effectiveness program to document control performance.
6. Provide tuning, process evaluation, process control and sensor correlation support.
7. Provide sales support for service when needed.
8. Be on-call and capable of providing after hours emergency service when needed. Also may provide vacation relief for co-workers.
9. Performs other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Works primarily in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Associates degree in science discipline or two years electronics, electrical or instrumentation discipline. Alternatively, three to four years technical school training in electronics, electromechanical or instrumentation.
Five to seven years of electronics, electromechanical or instrumentation experience.
An understanding PLC controlled systems and the various applications to hydraulic and mechanical systems. Ability to use computers and computer programs.
Candidate must have understanding of electrical and mechanical principals of motors and support equipment used in industry applications. Candidate must be able to read electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints proficiently.
Site resident, travel is approximately 10%. Floater position, travel may, on occasion be international. Travel is typically in North America but occasionally can be international.
Overtime Eligibility: Receives 1-1/2 hours overtime pay for each hour worked in excess of 40 hours each week.
Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well and also must work independently, making decisions often under stressful conditions. Must have the ability to form professional relationships with customers and employees. Good written and verbal communication skills required. Self-managed and able to set priorities for worksite employees, including during travel.
We offer a competitive benefits package and challenging work opportunities.
Metso is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies.
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.
Metso - 17 months ago
Metso's beyond mezzo when it runs the scale of energy, mining, and paper. The heavy equipment company operates in several segments and...