Conservation Services Group (CSG) is the leading provider of residential energy efficiency programs in North America. CSG has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work since 1984. The company designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven programs. CSG employees are committed to a mission of delivering these comprehensive programs to help people use energy more wisely. Energy efficiency and renewable energy are our sole business, not one of a hundred departments in a large corporation. CSG provides proven expertise to utilities, state agencies, trade allies and homeowners, tenants, and property owners seeking to improve home durability, safety, air quality and comfort while saving money. We bring creativity and commitment to our goals of championing the development and use of safe, clean energy.
People who work at CSG say that it's a unique kind of organization — one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. CSG has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
Conservation Services Group, Inc. (CSG) is seeking a full-time Solar PV Senior Technical Field Representative to provide inspection services and support to the Long Island Power Authorities Solar Pioneer and Solar Entrepreneur Programs. Qualified candidates will possess a thorough understanding of residential and commercial Photo Voltaic technology, as well as general construction practices. Experience with energy efficient residential construction and building science is a plus. The position is based out of CSG’s Long Island office located in Hauppauge NY. CSG is responsible for implementing a number of residential energy efficiency programs for the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) and providing technical inspection services relative to various efforts.
- Conduct in-field inspections of recently completed residential and commercial Solar PV installations to ensure they conform to Program requirements and to convey the inspection results in a timely manner to program management and the installer community as required.
- Perform technical measurements and on-site verification services for comparison to program documentation.
- Provide support in development and ongoing improvement of technical standards for renewable installations built with various technologies.
- Support in-field and quality improvement training efforts for staff and contractors related to Solar PV installations.
- Provide general oversight of the inspection process and subsequent data for reporting to the client.
- Host meetings with contractors, as needed, to review inspection findings.
- Inspector must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in design, installation or wiring and start-up of residential and commercial Photo Voltaic installations, including experience in sizing, troubleshooting and acceptance testing.
- An electrical contracting license is a plus.
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing), including ability to communicate technical concepts to contractors, homeowners, program staff, and other stakeholders.
- Computer proficiency, experience with Windows based computers, Microsoft Office & familiarity with design models such as PVWATTs.
- Ability to conduct in-field training for contractors.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Satisfactory background check required.
- Must be capable of carrying 50 lbs.
- Will be required to setup and climb extension ladders to access rooftops up to two stories high.
- Company vehicle provided for the purpose of performing field inspections.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
CSG’s compensation package includes comprehensive medical coverage with BlueCross BlueShield Blue Care Elect PPO, dental coverage with Delta Dental PPO, and vision coverage with EyeMed Vision Care; Employer paid life and AD&D insurance and STD & LTD insurance coverage; Plus paid holidays, PTO, and employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Please apply online at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: green jobs, energy efficiency, utility, conservation, BPI, LEED, weatherization, HVAC, clean energy, energy conservation, csg jobs, energy consulting, energy efficient, green energy, renewable energy
Conservation Services Group - 13 months ago