SUMMARY : Reporting to the General Manager the Senior Finance Manager is an integral part of the site management team for an emerging business. Manages and leads the daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and project requirements of the site finance function. Pursues and maintains a collaborative partnership with business unit finance and site operations management team for the control of systems, processes, resources, and costs. Enables financial and operations success through careful planning, decision support, and proactive performance management.
RESPONSIBILITIES : Primary responsibilities include management accounting, cost accounting, financial accounting, compliance, and related systems and processes.
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING / OPERATIONS PARTNERSHIP
- Measurement, analysis, and reporting of financial and non-financial information that helps managers make decisions to fulfill the goals of the organization.
- Preparation of operations and financial plans, budgets, forecasts, and related analysis.
- Business opportunities and capital expenditures evaluation.
- Performance analysis and reporting including monthly variance analysis and management reports.
- Finance partnership with operations for control among order management, planning, scheduling, supply chain, production, quality, inventory control, and related systems and processes.
GENERAL / FINANCIAL / TAX ACCOUNTING
- Reporting and analysis of financial and non-financial information relating to the cost of acquiring and consuming resources.
- Standard cost systems and processes.
- Cost and profitability analysis by product line and various dimensions.
CONTROL / COMPLIANCE
- Reporting and analysis of business transactions and functional accounting streams including Cash, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Assets, and General Ledger. Manage and balance intercompany transactions.
- Manage working capital components.
- Direct month and year end closing to meet all deadlines.
- Financial reporting and analysis including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flows in accordance with applicable local accounting practices and IFRS.
- Tax reporting and analysis in accordance with applicable local and country requirements
- Facilitate external audit requirements at the site level.
SYSTEMS / APPLICATIONS / IMPLEMENTATON
- Maintain compliance with internal control policies and procedures.
- Monitor and fulfill corporate and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Facilitate internal audit requirements at the site level.
- Leverage available business applications, data warehouses, and report writers for data driven decisions and analytical solutions.
- Evaluate, recommend, and pursue alternative business and accounting software solutions if appropriate for the near term requirements of an emerging business.
- Hyperion consolidation software
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Select finance and systems integration requirements following acquisition.
- Leverage shared service center for key processes and transaction streams (future)
- Special assignments, projects, process improvement initiatives.
- Established knowledge and experience with finance, accounting, and operations requirements of a manufacturing enterprise.
- Established experience with business and accounting software applications, relational databases, and report writers. Familiarity with Peachtree, QuickBooks, or QAD a plus.
- Advanced experience with financial modeling using Excel.
- Self directed team player with high level of motivation.
- Excellent planning, organization, decision making, problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Capable of working within a changing environment and ability to prioritize and achieve results with minimum resources.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skill among various audiences.
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting, finance, or directly related field.
- CPA or CMA a plus.
- At least 5 years directly related experience with comparable responsibilities in a manufacturing industry. May include experience as a site controller, plant controller, finance manager, finance or business analyst, financial accountant, cost accountant, plant accountant, operations accountant, or related assignments.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 12 months ago