Job Title Senior Financial Analyst/Lead Financial Analyst
Atlanta - GA
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
The successful Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of analytics supporting and participating in completing Form 10-Qs and Form 10-Ks, participate in drafting the MD&A for two SEC registrants and the consolidated US entity with MD&A requirements associated with the expected IPO (initial public offering). Other responsibilities will include projects as assigned.
Liaison with the accounting policy group for any new or revised accounting guidance and ensure the successful implementation.
Research and document proper accounting treatment of complex investment and other transactions under US GAAP and in compliance with SEC rules.
Benchmark financial reporting disclosures against competitors.
Review quarter and year-end financial data and prepare schedules for financial reporting and SEC reporting.
Assist in preparation for the consolidated US entity expected IPO process.
In the event of an IPO assist with the preparation of earnings releases, including financial exhibits, conference call script and other communications/presentations for accuracy and completeness.
Assist in various projects as key team member that meet ultimate objectives of the organization.
Accurate and timely delivery of financial information including analyzing and reporting of financial activities, for SEC filings.
Review, research, interpretation and implementation of SEC filing requirements.
Responsible for coordinating, conducting, and documenting financial reporting activities.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA or CFA required.
At least 5 to 8 years experience including public accounting, insurance / investment accounting within a public company or SEC reporting environment.
Statutory and IFRS reporting experience a plus.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
A self-starter, self motivated, self disciplined and performance driven.
Advance computer skills including Access, Excel, and Word. Strong database and spreadsheet skills are desired.
Excellent business judgment and problem solving skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent collaborative teamwork and interpersonal skills. *cb
What else can we tell you?
At ING, we truly believe in making things easier for our employees and clients. We understand the link between employee and customer satisfaction and want to offer you a different type of employee experience that recognizes your contribution and acknowledges individual needs, interests and stages in life. Our state-of-the-art facility is located on Powers Ferry Road in Atlanta, a convenient commute from most metro areas. The office includes a corporate gym, on-site cafeteria, free parking, leading edge technology, and much, much more. Business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 21 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...