Warner Music Group Description : With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The finance department is responsible for accurately reporting the financial position of the company on a monthly and quarterly basis. In addition, the finance department is responsible for establishing operational controls related to financial activities and preparing the fiscal budget for which the company is measured against. Finally, the department is a partner to all other departments with regards to making strategic decisions that benefit the company.
High Level Job Description : Assist with the preparation of the annual Budget, Forecast and Present View submissions and packages. Involvement with monthly financial closes and various ad-hoc financial analysis.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities :
Required Competencies/Skills :
- Maintain current financial status of the company through weekly present view maintenance and analysis – analyzing actual performance to forecasted projections.
- Responsible for analytical rollups in coordination with the weekly forecasting process.
- Annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting – Assist with preparation and analytical schedules for both the label and WMG Finance.
- Review of significant joint venture and P&D statements.
- Special assignments as required / ad-hoc analysis.
- Performs deal analysis to evaluate the appropriate pricing and margin costs associated with upcoming releases.
Special Requirements/Preferences :
- “Big Picture” thinking combined with an ability to understand details
- Strong computer skills, advanced experience with Excel and Pivot tables
- Capable of taking initiative and solving problems
- People Management Skills - “Team Player” mentality
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
- Attentive to details, organized, and able to prioritize
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
- Minimum 2-3 years of Finance/Accounting experience
- Music industry experience a plus
- Finance and/or Accounting degree
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Warner Music Group
- 2 years ago - save job