The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) provides finance leadership and decision support for the Beech-Nut Nutrition Company.
The SFA supports the Commercial Finance and Decision Support area of Finance. The SFA is responsible for both broad decision support activities as well as participation in the monthly close process. The SFA identifies opportunities to achieve continuous improvement through use of systems and automated processes while ensuring adherence to internal controls and procedures.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
· Decisions Support responsibilities include the development and creation of business tools and analytics used to evaluate the profitability of Beech-Nut’s product lines. This role will work cross-functionally to identify, evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities to improve commercial activity.
· Monthly close process responsibilities include:
o Evaluation of inventory positions, logistics expense activities, journal entries and account reconciliations.
o Analyze inventory valuation and leadership of the monthly cross-functional team to address and resolve issues timely
o Develop/improve internal management reporting of key financial metrics (i.e. PPV, inventory days on hand, at risk inventory, etc).
· Participate in the annual audited inventory observations at internal and external locations.
· Assist in the annual budget preparation and periodic forecast updates.
· Assist in development, monitoring and enforcement of internal controls.
· Provide support on other projects/activities as needed.
· Bachelors of Science in Accounting or Finance
· CPA or Master’s Degree in a related field (preferable)
· Advanced level of Excel
· Proven experience improving process through automation/use of systems
· Knowledge of SAP and ERPs (preferable)
· Intermediate level of Access (preferable)
· Able to handle multiple high level detail projects simultaneously
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse group and levels internally and externally
· 5+ years relevant experience