As the Senior Finance Analyst for NAND Solutions Group (NSG) Components at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for the financial analysis and support for the Components business, servicing internal and external customers. You will prepare the monthly Components reporting and quarterly forecasts, identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement. You will prepare, analyze, and present materials required to support the NAND component development and investment. By partnering with other Business Units, you will influence business results through coordinated component investment decisions. You will measure results against corporate strategy, industry benchmarks, and competitive data, identifying opportunities for improvement in Micron NAND margins. This position will also own inventory forecasting and reporting for NSG, including working with NSG Business Operations and Sales Finance to ensure inventory levels meet corporate goals.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Measure Business Results and Prepare Forecasts for the Business Plan
- Prepare the monthly report of the Components Profit and Loss Statement, focusing on customer performance to forecast and risks and opportunities to the Business Plan
- Develop Business Plan forecasts for components sales to external customers and align consumption and sales forecasts of components for internal customers
- Prepare top customer analyses, identifying trends in pricing and consumption, to better understand customer buying patterns and reduce linearity issues
- Report monthly and quarterly inventory results, working with Business Operations and Sales Finance to identify issues and implement plans to align inventory levels to corporate goals. Prepare quarterly Net Realizable Value (NRV) and Aged Inventory analyses, presenting recommendations to management for action and improvement
Design and Maintain Forecast Models for Components Projections and Analysis
- Leveraging Strategic Finance data, prepare competitor analyses for key products, identifying opportunities to improve Micron Margin Per Wafer metrics for NAND
- Analyze Margin Per Wafer results to understand variances between Micron Business Units and within the NSG product portfolio and provide recommendations to management to improve margins
- Working with the NSG Roadmap Project Manager and representatives from other Business Units selling NAND products, build Net Present Value (NPV) analyses for cross-BU NAND designs, ensuring that overall Micron NAND margins are optimized
- Work closely with cross-functional team to deliver complete, concise, and consistent review of strategic options
- Deliver information to decision makers in a consistent format to accommodate efficient review of strategic options
- Minimum 5 years financial analysis experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- MBA, CPA or CMA credentials and experience are beneficial
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint, COGNOS skills a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven financial modeling skills
- Capable of working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with distributed resources and contacts
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology, Inc - 16 months ago
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...