"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
To provide professional level skills necessary to prepare and present analysis of financial projects. Responsible for preparing analytical and financial studies to ensure the institution's assets are completely maximized.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
- Develops and prepares special financial reports.
- Analyzes and prepares financial documents and specialized cost studies.
- Completes financial statements which compare actual and budgeted expenditures and revenues.
- Prepares long term financing plans and reports to senior management.
- Works with UT System to obtain approvals for the spending of awarded Plant Fund monies.
- Coordinates payments to all parties involved with the construction of new buildings and renovations.
- Examines historical and projected financial data to provide senior management with valuable data upon which to make relevant financial decisions.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual financial statements to UT System.
- Prepares the indirect cost proposal through analysis of financial data. This proposal is used to negotiate the institution's indirect cost rate. Interacts directly with UT System and federal negotiators in Washington, D.C. regarding the indirect cost proposal.
- Develops computer programs to determine various cost projections and performs statistical analysis of requested data. Statistical analysis includes actual costs of operation, total costs to operate a facility, and total costs versus indirect costs.
Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance with five (5) years of related experience in an accounting or financial area. Experience in preparing and analyzing of financial reports.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 11 months ago