The Senior Financial Analyst will act as a finance partner to the Consumer Products team and will be accountable for ensuring accurate business unit financials and managing the execution of internal financial reporting processes, business reviews, new product business models, and ad hoc analysis. Minimal travel is required.
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Generate financial reports for the Business Review process and manage cross functional inputs (assumption validation, P&L story, and quality of content).
- Collaborate with Brand, Operations, and Customer Marketing on S&OP, aged inventory, and other cogs; Provide broader financial perspective and assess financial risk of key business decisions.
- Partner with Innovation on the new product development process by providing 5 year P&L and Cash Flow analysis based on go-to-market strategy and product cost structure.
- Manage quarterly pricing updates with co-packers. Work closely with Procurement, Operations, and Co-packer to ensure pricing reflects current agreed contract.
- Model the impacts of different options to help the commercial team understand the impact of their decisions and negotiations.
- Provide tracking and analysis on the SG&A spending.
- Work with Corporate Accounting to ensure Consumer Products P&L and Balance Sheet items are accurately recorded at Period End.
- Analyze sales, financial, costing and operational data and extracts and defines relevant information (“what” factor).
- Interpret data for the purpose of determining the root causes of past sales, financial, costing and operational performance (“why” factor).
- Assist in developing individual customer profit & loss accounts.
- Ensure timely and accurate recognition of revenue and application of customer payments.
- Assist in the budgeting process.
- Proactively build strong, collaborative relationships with Sales, Brand, Operations, Finance, Accounting and all other groups.
- Other assignments as required.
Technical Expertise Required
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions.
- Strong understanding of trade spend and promotional strategy.
- Results oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner, and the ability to juggle priorities.
- Advanced Excel and Access data modeling skills, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Financial valuation and investment analysis techniques and financial modeling ability (discounted cash flow, ROI, IRR, discounted pay-back, and break-even analyses).
- Broad knowledge of consumer products, cost structure, and general knowledge of key retail sales metrics (ACV, velocity, # items).
- BS/BA in Accounting.
- 2+ years financial planning and analysis experience within the consumer products related industry.
Revolution Foods - 18 months ago