At Regions, our Financial Analyst III develops financial planning systems and procedures designed to protect assets. Gathers, organizes and documents relevant financial information.
Analyzes, consolidates and interprets financial data
Prepares detailed reports and presentations for review by all levels of management
Monitors actual results of financial data against plans, forecasts and budgets
Consolidates a wide range of operating and financial projections for the development of both short-term and long-term business plans
This Senior Financial Analyst role is a part of the Profitability Measurement group, and is responsible for the development and maintenance of Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) and relationship profitability modeling.
The role operates in a dynamic environment, has high visibility throughout the organization, and routinely collaborates with business partners of all levels outside of finance.
Ability to function within and lead teams is essential.
The successful candidate must have a strong working knowledge of management reporting techniques; with an emphasis on Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) and Risk Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC).
The individual must be able to clearly communicate complex financial concepts to a wide range of audiences, and is responsible for imparting the tools to allow FTP and RAROC to be used effectively across the organization.
1. Lead FTP methodology and assumption development and updates.
This includes “hands on” leadership of the annual assumption review, developing new FTP methods and assumptions as needed, ensuring existing FTP methods used across the balance sheet are in line with industry best practices, and working with Financial Information Systems to validate that FTP is implemented and functioning correctly.
2. Serve as the subject matter expert on RAROC and the Relationship Profitability Model.
This includes providing guidance to Relationship Managers and Underwriters on the optimal method to model complex credits, and recommendations on how to structure the deal that is advantageous for the bank and the customer.
3. Support line of business partners with cost of funds and profitability guidance and analytics.
This constituency includes, but is not limited to, LOB Executives, Geography Finance, Geography Leadership, and Sales Management.
Manage the FTP component of the month end management reporting process.
Provide FTP guidance for the forecasting and budgeting process.
Provide guidance and analytics on the FTP Offset Unit.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics/Statistics, Accounting, or other related field.
• Five+ years of experience with management reporting, corporate treasury, or line of business financial analysis within a financial services industry preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with both line of business, financial information systems, and technology partners.
• Hyperion Essbase, Oracle OFSA, and SQL experience desirable.