Apply online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7568501
Over half of the population of the earth eats rice every day. RiceTec is the market leader in the development and delivery of high yield rice seeds which helps fulfill this global need.
Responsible for mid-term and annual planning for a global business division:
- Expand forecasting model with focus on trait/germplasm acquisition
- Develop value creation models for evaluating technology projects
- Serve as lead on departmental budgets
- Provide revised estimates on a quarterly/ as needed basis and report variances monthly
- Refine tracking by project
Responsible for new market forecasting modeling for Business Development unit
- Refine channel analysis, including pricing, marketing, and distributor programs
- Perform complex modeling
- Serve as lead on departmental budgets
- Provide financial analysis support for special projects
Conduct benchmarking analysis for corporate business units
o Identify benchmarks
o Refine target financial model
o Leverage ratios
o Activity ratios
o Provide financial performance measures that include capital usage measures for the business unit performance
- Perform due diligence surrounding potential acquisitions
- Provide financial analysis to support new projects under strategic planning consideration including new markets, new product lines, market and product line expansion or contractions
- Serve on capital committee and provide ROI analysis
- Create decision evaluation models including probability analysis, and risk/reward analysis
- Develop channel analysis
- Provide financial analysis support and risk/reward analysis for production options under consideration
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have senior level financial systems, modeling and forecasting experience. Strong functional understanding of business processes, KPI, new product proposals, business modeling, P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, and general accounting. Knowledge of a variety of financial software applications, spreadsheets, database and presentation software and a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Ten or more years related experience and/or training.
- Experience in JDEdwards Enterprise One strongly preferred.
- Agriculture industry experience.
- History of participation in new product proposals.
- Experience in business modeling.
- Strong financial, analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting methods.
- Strong computer application skills and the ability to learn new systems as needed.
- Able to work in a team and place organizational success above personal success.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Firm understanding of the business and accounting system processes
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking level and unleveled surfaces for periodic periods through out the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.