The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) Information Technology projects, overhead, financial reporting and analysis. This includes, but is not limited to, assistance in the preparation, analysis, and reconciliation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting; as well as providing project support for various financial and operational initiatives as directed by Management.
This position reports to the Director of Financial Reporting, but also works directly with the IT divisions and VP, IT Finance
[20%] Communicate/coordinate with the divisional IT teams to ensure timely, accurate and complete financial submissions.
[60%] Prepare schedules/reports for the monthly overhead packages (budget/forecast/actual), including 40 Line Item, Travel & Entertainment and account reconciliations. Research and resolve unusual transactions/balances.
- Provide management support to ensure month-end close is completed timely and accurately.
- Manage purchase order process for client groups using Ariba and SAP Workflow, ensuring appropriate coordination between client group, Vendors and Studio A/P.
- Oversee charge back procedures and entries specific to IT, including Data Center and Global Crossing, entails working with peers in other IT and Finance divisions.
- Work closely with other IT Finance analysts to ensure appropriate tracking of labor costs to projects.
[20%] Assist in special accounting/reporting projects as assigned by the VP, IT Finance, Director IT Finance or other SPE management. Examples of such projects include:
- Prepare summary and detailed monthly Overhead and Project financial reports for client group.
- Coordinate monthly Overhead and Project review meetings with IT Finance, IT PMO and client group.
- Research and resolve Overhead and Project issues and problems as requested by IT management and client group.
- Prepare and review journal entries and provide corresponding source documentation.
- Prepare financial analyses and reconciliations for balance sheet accounts (Prepaid /Vendor Clearing & Accrual).
- Effectively analyze variances from budget/forecast and properly resolve senior management questions of expenses on various OH reports such as 40 Line reports.
- Perform ad hoc projects/reporting as required.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts for submission to Corporate.
- Review PCO Report (for outstanding items), reconcile GR/IR account.
- Coordinate preparation of annual IT capital and overhead budgets, annual mid-range plans, monthly forecasts and all other required corporate submissions with client group.
- Liaison with SAP Master Data Management team to ensure accuracy of master data for IT projects and overhead in Ariba and SAP.
Solid understanding of accounting principles and procedures.
Entertainment industry experience preferred but not required.
Understanding of SOP 98-1 a plus.
Software – SAP, Ariba Purchasing Software, Excel, Powerpoint.
Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Detailed oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Entertainment – 1– 2 years preferred, not required
Public Accounting – 1-2 years preferred, not required
Sony Pictures Entertainment - 18 months ago
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla is a unit of Sony Corporation of America, the US arm...