This position serves as part of the FP&A Business Intelligence team which produces analytical tools for use in the development of financial and operational business decisions. Responsibilities will include creation of interactive tools and dashboards, utilizing visual analytics, to provide business partners with actionable insights.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Works with business partners to understand analytical needs and implement a solution.
- Assists in the design of BI tools incorporating visual analytics.
- Utilizes statistical analyses to generate actionable results for business partners.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Oversee the administration of financial policies.
- Conducts special financial studies and coordinates with other departments in the preparation of statistical studies.
- Performs internal and external economic research and analyzes issues related to specific financial metrics to ensure competitiveness
- Compiles or prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
- Recommends changes in financial analysis methods or procedures.
- Assists and supervises Financial Analysts in the daily preparation and conduct of their work.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- This position typically reports to a Manager of Finance.
- This position may supervise one or more Financial Analysts.
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations.
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
- Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it
- Located in a comfortable indoor area.
- Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- A bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related.
- Three to five years of experience is preferred.
- Experience with SAS, R, SQL and Tableau are preferred
- Oral and written communication skills
- Accounting or Finance experience.
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer service and...