Luminant, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings , formerly TXU Corp., is the largest competitive power generation business in Texas. Luminant is the largest power generator in Texas. Its operations also include mining, wholesale marketing and trading, and development. Luminant has more than 15,400 megawatts of generation, including 2,300 MW fueled by nuclear power and 8,000 MW fueled by coal. The company is one of the largest purchasers of wind-generated electricity in Texas and the nation. Luminant has mined and restored over 60,000 acres and planted over 25 million trees in a land-reclamation program that has been recognized with over 120 awards for environmental conservation. At Luminant, we are committed to improving our environment by serving our customers and communities through more efficient- and cleaner sources of energy. We are also committed to our values of honesty and integrity, mutual respect, innovation, competitive spirit and diversity.
Senior Financial Specialist
Energy Plaza - Dallas, TX
The incumbent is responsible for supporting the Manager and Sr. Director of Mining Planning and Analysis. This position will play a key role in the monthly reporting, forecasting and analysis of Luminant’s mining business. The selected candidate will support the mining business and work with mine site management to ensure timely and accurate financial plans and projections. In addition, the position is responsible for supporting /developing key analysis and recommendations related to ongoing decision-making and long-term fuel strategy planning. The position provides a platform to gain hands-on business experience with high level exposure to critical operational and fuel strategy decision making processes in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will be team-oriented with rigorous analytical and quantitative skills and strong strategic thinking ability.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource to Luminant Mining and Luminant Energy’s fuel department to support modeling of operational and financial assumptions for lignite and western coal operations
- Perform scenario and sensitivity analysis at the direction of planning manager and director to drive a deeper understanding of key drivers across the fuel business
- Coordinate and participate in the development of the mine 5-year plan and monthly projections
- Coordinate and prepare Board communications as well as monthly Management Performance Review presentation deck
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to implement Maximo and Hyperion capex planning tool for the mining company
- Serve as a thought partner with team members and mine sites to resolve complex financial issues
- Identify emerging operational and financial opportunities and issues
- Lead ad-hoc financial analysis and process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to implement and test Hyperion capital projects planning tool
- Interface with management in monthly reporting and planning processes
- Ensure accuracy and quality control in all aspects of financial planning and modeling
- Maintains high degree of methodological rigor and analysis to support effective decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, economics or related discipline with strong academic performance record
- 4+ years experience with a demonstrated track record of success in an investment bank, management consulting firm, or at a Fortune 500 company in a strategy, planning or business development role
- Self-starter with the ability to drive independent problem-solving
- Significant experience with excel based models and techniques
- Energetic, intellectually curious and performance driven
- Ability to work well in a team environment and across functions and businesses
- Strong work ethic
- Experience in VBA and Hyperion preferred
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
Energy Future Holdings - 9 months ago
Energy Future Holdings Corp. is a Dallas-based, privately held energy company with a portfolio of competitive and regulated energy...