Who We Are:
Scoutmob's mission is to give our users a connection to the inspiring independent makers and curious local experiences that make life more awesome. We do this in a few ways between our mobile deals, editorial content, exclusive curated experiences, as well as our e-commerce platform, Shoppe. Our quirky, trusted brand and daily content provides reasons and incentives for our folks to explore these featured products and merchants for themselves. And in return, our merchants and makers are given a more measurable way to drive new customers.
And while we’re talking about how great we are, let’s just add that we were voted one of Mashable‘s Top 5 Best Mobile Apps, Rolling Stone’s Top 10 Tech Trends for 2011 and are consistently listed among Atlanta's most promising companies… among other great publicity.
Who we're looking for?
Scoutmob is hiring engineers to work full-time in our Atlanta, GA headquarters. Our product team is a small and skilled group of hackers and designers, and we're looking for the best engineers around to help us continue producing beautiful web and mobile products. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and eager to learn in a fast-moving environment. This is an opportunity to develop heavily-used products, be autonomous and have substantial decision-making power.
This developer role will be responsible for, well, a little bit of everything technical! We've got Ruby on the web, iPhone, and Android apps, and an all-cloud server setup. Specialization is good, but so is generalization - everyone necessarily wears many hats. So what would the perfect candidate have?
At Scoutmob, we move fast (we have to!), so creating high quality software on-the-fly is a daily thing for us. This means we:
- 3 years of web application development w/ Ruby on Rails or equivalent
- 4 years of experience with relational databases, data modeling concepts
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgments
- Experience with cloud sever based applications preferred but not required
- Experience (interest in) developing mobile apps for iPhone or Android is a plus
- Design experience is a plus, too
This is a full-time (awesome) role for the right person with a competitive salary, health benefits, an iPhone, a fantastic workplace and the opportunity to build game-changing products that get used a lot.
- do a lot of unit testing (frequently TDD)
- react to ever-changing requirements (many times a week)
- wrangle a growing software/hardware stack geared for scalability
Scoutmob, Inc - 19 months ago