Function & Scope:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Contract and Grants, incumbent will provide team leadership and serve as the subject matter expert to the Account Establishment (AE) team. Responsible for coordination of the accounts establishment function to include interpreting sponsor guidelines, monitoring activities, assistance to the account establishment staff and Contract & Grant Specialists in processing of awards; contracts, reports and billing requirements and assistance to the campus on status of sponsored program activity. Must be able to interpret policies and procedures as the work is diversified and requires decisions to comply with sponsor regulations.
- Assist Contract and Grant Specialists with preliminary agreement review.
- Independently identify missing information and request the same from campus and/or sponsor when necessary.
- Under the direction of C&G Specialist, negotiate routine changes to agreement directly with the sponsor.Assist Account Administration Coordinator with coordinating and prioritizing workflow within the Account Establishment (AE) unit. Provide input on recruitment and training of new AE staff, determining campus assignments, managing work coverage for the unit, and ensuring accuracy of reports and procedures.
- Have primary responsibility for the development and ongoing maintenance of the Award Establishment manual for central office staff, including drafting procedure updates as required.
- Approve routine campus requests processed by other AE staff, ensuring that requests are allowable under sponsor guidelines, are within RF policies and are made by authorized campus staff.Develop and maintain internal procedures for the centralized accounts establishment process, assuring efficient functioning of the unit. Proactively identify and suggest process improvements and increased use of technology.
- Draft campus guidance for award establishment procedures. Communicate new or updated procedures to campus(es) as appropriate.
- Coordinate and prepare reports for management, make recommendations for policies and procedures in the unit’s area of activity.
- Lead regular review of Access Log with individual team members to ensure timely follow-up on outstanding awards in process. In conjunction with staff members, identify issues requiring escalation to Account Administration Coordinator or Contract and Grants Specialists.
- Serve as lead and liaison for training centralized campus staff on AE processes and procedures. Investigate training requests and partner with other central office OSPS staff and the HR training group to construct and conduct training. Serve as OSPS point person on AE training projects. Responsible for compiling necessary training materials and internal process documentation in support of training efforts
- Maintain responsibility for the accurate and timely establishment of all awards for assigned centralized locations.
- Review, analyze, obtain missing information and input grant/contract award data, including billing requirements using Oracle Grants Management module. Produce and review Account Information Abstracts and release to campus.
- Review of sponsored program awards/contracts guidelines to determine if cost share award is appropriate; contact campus for relevant budget information and establish appropriate award.
- Review and verify budget information including appropriate facilities and administrative rate for awards/contracts received, including but not limited to working with the campus on finalizing appropriate budget data for award input based upon sponsor restrictions.
- Perform preliminary review of complex contractual documents noting deficiencies and/or other unusual items for legal and administrative review prior to execution, including submission of insurance certificates, where appropriate. Responsible for tracking such contractual documents for receipt of fully executed copy.
- Ensure date-sensitive payroll requests are completed timely.
- Responsible for other monitoring duties, to include:
- Abstract review of new or amended awards
- Monitor end date extensions for Automatic Renewals
- Participate in cross-functional teams and projects as necessary.
- Be an effective team player by working with other team members to accomplish the above objectives. Project a positive image of the OSPS office and the RF through the daily performance of the above activities.
Education & Experience:
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree with experience in a sponsored programs environment, outstanding analytical and communication skills. At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience working in an account establishment function is desired. Knowledge of the ORACLE grants management system or experience with databases and other related computer tools is required. Additional experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
State University of New York at Albany Research Foundation - 16 months ago