DYE Precision and Pro Tec are seeking a Senior Graphic Designer in San Diego, CA.
Work closely with the Director of Design to conceptualize and complete design projects for both traditional print and online media formats. Such projects include but are not limited to Advertising Campaign’s, Catalogs, Packaging, and POP Displays. Be a leader and mentor on the Graphic Design team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Not intended to be all-inclusive)
General responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Responsible for meeting strict project deadliness in a fast-paced environment for various web, print, product, interactive, and marketing collateral.
• Creating proficient electronic vendor-ready file packs in all Adobe Creative Suite 5 platforms, including Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Proficient verbal communication skills to effectively express layout concepts
• Using expert knowledge of printing and interactive trends to deliver top quality vendor-ready layout for product packaging, catalogs, flyers, corporate material, web graphics, and in store POP displays.
• Ability to create graphic style guides for logos, repeat patterns, and typography.
• Maintain structured cataloging of various file creation and organization of various assets consistent with projects.
• Work with vendors and media outlets to achieve on-time, and on target projects.
• Active participant in and in-depth understanding of current market trends in action sports industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Visual Communications or Graphic Design.
• Interact internally and externally with all levels of company employees and non-employees.
• A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required. Also, five years of professional experience is required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
• Valid driver’s license needed.
• Ability to perform well under pressure, while treating others with respect and consideration.
• Accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
• Ability to deal with frequent changes or delays.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion; problem solving.
FAMILIARITY WITH THE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE:
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites 5.
• Knowledge in printing process including CMYK, RGB, Pantone, etc.
• HTML & CSS – Basic to make simple graphic and text updates.
• FTP – Familiar with use of FTP applications
• Graphic Design - Expert knowledge of Graphic Design – Print / Online / Media
• Action Sports Market — Knowledge of action sports market for such categories as Skate, Bike, Water, Snow, etc.
• English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Active Listening — Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Speaking — Talk to others to convey information effectively.
• Time Management — Manage one's own time effectively.
• Critical Thinking — Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Reading Comprehension — Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing — Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
• Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
• The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Must be able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work Tasks.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Innovation — Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
The work environment is indoors in a comfortable temperature controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The environment is typically free from dust and hazardous materials.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Must be able to sit for prolonged periods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting, standing, and walking.
• Reading of work related material.
• May require considerable visual attention with attention to detail.
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com
Malakye.com - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard