HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Company is a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
Senior Group Leader (Temporary/Contract)
The Senior Group Leader leads a team of assembly lines in the manufacture of device-related units (i.e. disposable harness sets, subassemblies, components or bags). The Senior Group Leader also assumes responsibility for key projects such as reducing scrap, improving efficiency, reducing in-process defects and/or inventory control.
• Ensure daily production goals are met while ensuring products are of the highest quality possible. Coordinate between shifts to ensure all targets are met.
• Maintain and track quality data for your lines. Implement mistake proof corrections to eliminate defects at the root cause.
• Isolate, define and eliminate root causes for inventory inaccuracies and production downtime. Implement mistake-proof solutions to prevent future problems for the same cause.
• Ensure any product rework is completed within 30 days. Close all nonconforming material reports (NCMR) within 30 days. Work with purchasing to identify and isolate supplier defects so that the root cause can be eliminated.
• Propose new layouts and process changes to improve quality, efficiency and throughput. Work with the Manufacturing Engineer to ensure timely implementation.
• Help develop systems for improved accountability, such as attendance tracking and resolution of disciplinary issues.
• Ensure all employees are properly trained and have a safe environment to work in.
• Develop a strong and confident team that understands the concept of continuous improvement and takes ownership for building the highest quality disposable at the least cost.
• Perform line duties, as needed.
Education and Experience Required
• 2+ years applicable experience in a regulated environment, preferably in medical products.
• AS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, plastics or Biomedical preferred.
• Record of success in leading or supporting a high-volume manufacturing operation.
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Haemonetics Corp. - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard