The Senior HR Generalist/Benefits Specialist role is a very hands-on position for a for dynamic person who can” embrace, manage, and create change in a fast paced environment; implement and administer employee benefits programs such as medical/major medical, vision and dental plans, life insurance and retirement plans, short and long term disability programs, accidental death policies, supplemental benefit programs, and flexible spending accounts; and is familiar with self-funding plans.
• Manage day to day Human Resources functions to include effective recruitment and selection, new hire on-boarding, performance management, associate relations, communication planning, talent assessment (external and internal), compensation and benefits, and payroll administration.
• In the context of our new business trajectory and company culture, assess the staffing plan, develop a strategic recruitment process, review and align compensation and benefits strategy, and develop performance management and development programs and systems to ensure recruitment and retention of valuable HR resources.
• As part of the larger HR team, supports HR functional excellence and maintains business partnerships to support multi-location leadership teams and enterprise-wide goals.
• Understands employee population in a multi-location environment and how HR can provide value-added services. Ensures the effective implementation of HR plans, projects and programs to positively impact the results of assigned locations.
• Prepare and file state and 5500 filings.
• Works with brokers, insurance carriers.
• Coordinates with Company insurance broker to develop required data and solicit insurance companies for quotations; evaluates quotations and make recommendations to management; obtains and assists in the development and analysis of benefit cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and employee; manages annual open enrollment program.
• Ensures company compliance with provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA), Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
• Supervises maintenance of electronic and hard copy for all human resources records; ensures that existing and new benefit programs are adaptable to standardized computer/reporting systems.
• Conducts benefits orientations.
• Collects job information and analyzes job levels within the organization, prepares job descriptions, evaluates jobs using market analysis and evaluations to determine grade and prepares documentation of the evaluation.
• Conducts interviews with management and incumbents to analyze jobs.
• Supervises, coordinates, and administers performance appraisal and salary administration programs, ensuring compliance to policy.
Education, training, experience:
Knowledge of labor, wage and hour laws, including EEOC, AA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
Knowledge of FMLA, ADA regulations.
Excellent organizational skills required; ability to multi-task and prioritize is critical for success.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills used in a variety of situations
Ability to establish trust and credibility with associates at all levels in the organization.
Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS.
Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred. PHR/SPHR preferred.
Five - seven years of experience in a fast-paced, human resources environment.
HR background in entrepreneurial company.
Knowledge of multi-state employment law.
Ability to speak effectively before outside vendors or groups of employees.
Excellent attention to details, planning, analytical, and statistical skills.