As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Contractor performance shall include al facets of the following:
1. Presentation and Communication:
- Represent customer Human Resources in a professional manner at every level of the organization and across organizational entities.
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral communication
- Present data and analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Multi-take while remaining calm and professional
- Lead and mentor Operations Specialists
- Represent HR in meetings, with customers and with senior management when necessary.
Contractor performance may include some or all of the following duties:
- Providing support to the Workforce Data and Programs team supporting several employee programs that monitor and coordinate employees rotating in and out of the agency.
- Create, track and process packages for employees rotating in and out of the ODNI.
- Represent customer with employees and managers at all levels to ensure effective communications.
- Represent customer with othe IC Agencies to ensure coordination and seamless transfers of security clearances, MOUs, etc.
- Create, update and monitor reporting requirements for programs.
- Memorandum of Agreement Administration (MOA) including; initiating and tracking MOA agreements for all appropriate personnel, coordinating and collaborating with all external entities for proper informaton, signatures and processes; collecting, inputting and disbursing data into and out of various HR systems, representing ODNI in cross organizational meetings.
- Develop, document and train processes, procedures and policies with the Workforce Data and Programs team.
Required Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
1. Presentation and Communication:
- Excellent organizational, work-flow and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the organization in a positive, proactive manner
- Ability to manage competing priorities, which adhering to strict deadlines.
- Strong oral presentation skills including ability to clearly convey complex information and ideas to employees at all staff levels.
- Ability to learn, interpret and research policy and procedures appropriate for the work environment whether it be ODNI, IC or industry.
- Ability to analyze organizational challenges and propose innovative solutions for process improvement, communication improvement or systems enhancements
- Demonstrated leadership skills providing guidance and training to junior staff.
2. Technical Skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability to evaluate programmatic data and resolve discrepancies
- Ensure accuracy and data integrity as it relates to data being entered, store and retrieved from organizational data sources.
- Accurately collect, record and post organizational metrics
- Outstanding organization skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Requires BS/BA degree.
8-10 years of related experience and a BS degree in related field.
- Experience with Joint Duty programs and or recruiting functions
- Experience with organizing and presenting data
Physical Location McLean, VA
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...